Data Usage Reports
As an organization, if you are providing corporate owned devices along with SIM cards, then it is quite important to monitor the data usage and set alerts when the consumption reaches a threshold. MobiLock lets you check the data usage of your Android and iOS devices and set alerts on data consumption. Please follow the guide below to monitor the data usage and set an alert.
Before you begin
✅ You must have a valid MobiLock dashboard account.
✅ All your devices must be in a device group.
Generating Data Usage Report
Follow these steps to generate data usage report for your devices:
- From your dashboard, go to Reports & Alerts ➔ Reports.
- In the Reports screen, select Data Usage.
- Select a start date and end date from Date Range.
- Select the device from the dropdown list for which you want to generate report.
The following image illustrates a generic data usage report.
- You can also download the report as a CSV file by clicking on the Download As CSV button.
Wake Up Time for iOS Devices
On iOS devices, the OS kills the applications that are in background for a long time. This terminates MobiLock's data usage timer and hence prevents the client from collecting the data usage. To overcome this issue, we have provided a workaround in the form of Wake Up Time. By setting a wake up time on dashboard, a push is sent to the MobiLock client to force-sync the data usage. Follow the steps below to set up the wake up time,
- From your dashboard, go to Device Management ➔ Device Profiles.
- Select a device profile to edit.
- From the Restrictions tab, select General Settings.
- From the MobiLock Agent Wake-Up Setting dropdown list, choose a suitable wake up time.
- Click on Update Profile.
Setting a Data Usage Alert
Follow these steps to create a custom data usage alert:
- From your dashboard, go to Reports & Alerts ➔ Alerts.
- Click on New Alert.
- Enter a name for the alert and click Save.
- Click on the slider next to Data Usage Alerts to enable the alert.
- Enter a value for data limit. (Minimum value is 100MB and maximum value is 1GB.)
- Select a billing cycle from the dropdown list.
- Select the frequency for alert notification from the Alert Frequency dropdown list.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Apply To Device Groups button in the upper right corner and select the device group to want to apply the alert.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on Alerts under Reports & Alerts to apply the changes.
Your custom alert will be visible under the Alerts page. You will start receiving the alert notifications in your email based on the email settings.