Configure SonicWall MobileConnect VPN on Android
Scalefusion and Android for Work make it easy for you to configure SonicWall MobileConnect VPN on your managed Android devices. Follow the guide below to configure SonicWall.
Before you Begin
- Complete Android for Work Setup in Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Enroll your corporate-owned devices using afw#mobilock
- Invite your Employees to enroll their Personal devices.
Search and Approve SonicWall MobileConnect
The first step is to search and approve SonicWall MobileConnect for your organization. The steps are,
- Sign In Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Application Management > Play For Work Apps
- Click on Add from Playstore button.
- In the Google Play dialog search for SonicWall MobileConnect app.
- Click on the SonicWall MobileConnect app and click on Select button.
- The app will start appearing on the Scalefusion Dashboard.
Configuring SonicWall MobileConnect Settings
Once you have the SonicWall MobileConnect app, the next step is to configure the application. The steps are,
- Click on the SonicWall MobileConnect application to see the details card.
- Click on the App Configurations tab and click CREATE to see the configuration options.
- SonicWall MobileConnect gives you the following configuration options,
The display name for the VPN as shown on user's mobile device
The URL of the headend that is the actual SonicWall MobileConnect server.
Choose the authentication type for the VPN connection.
The username to be used or blank. You can use custom properties for a dynamic configuration, like $device.<customproperty> or $user.email
Optional field to specify the password for the VPN connection.
The domain for this connection.
Choose the type of authentication.
Client Certification Alias
The Alias of the certificate in Android KeyStore if the Authentication type is certalias.
Action type for this configuration, whether it updates or deletes the profile.
Per-App VPN Action
Choose if you want to allow Per-APP VPN or want to configure this as device level VPN.
Per-App VPN App Packages
If Per-App VPN is allowed, then a list of packages that should be routed through VPN.
- Once you have entered the values, click on SAVE to save the configuration. All the saved configurations appear in the list.
Publishing the Application and Configuration
Once you have created the configuration, the next step is to publish the application and then the configuration. The steps are,
- From the App Details card, click on the App Information tab and click on PUBLISH
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you want to publish the application and click PUBLISH
- Now click on the App Configuration tab. Click on the 3 dots > click on Publish.
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you have published the application in Step 3, and click PUBLISH
- This will cause the applications to be installed on the devices and then configured based on the configuration.