Remote File Management on Android Devices
Scalefusion's Remote Cast & Control now allows to download and/or upload files from your managed Android devices. The File Sync feature allows admin/ group admin to push a file from their system to a connected device and/or pull a file from a connected device to their system even when a remote cast session is not initiated.
This guide will explain how file transfer can be done.
Before you Begin
- Make sure that you have either an Enterprise Plan subscription or if you are IN-Trial then you have requested the access for this feature.
- A Scalefusion managed Android device (version 5.1 or above) with RemoteCast app version 3.4.4 installed and setup.
- From the Scalefusion dashboard, navigate to Remote Cast & Control and click on Start Session option for the device where you want to do a File Sync.
- A detailed Remote cast and control screen will be displayed. Here, click on Start File Sync button placed next to the 'Start Session' button
- This will establish connection with the device and show its File tree structure on the dashboard. Now you can transfer files to and from the device.
Upload a File
File(s) can be uploaded from the system onto the device using Upload. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Click on the folder from which you want to transfer file. For eg. You want to transfer a picture on your device. Hence, click on Pictures folder and then click Upload
- Browse and select the file you want to transfer on the device.
- The file will start reflecting on your device.
Download a File or Folder
With File Sync feature the admins can also download file(s) or folder(s) from the remote device to their system. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Click on a file / folder name which which has to be downloaded from the device to system. For eg. You want to download an image from your device's Screenshots folder. For this, click on Screenshots folder in the tree structure and then select the image to download. Then click Download.
- The file / folder will start downloading on your system and will be placed inside Downloads folder.
Deleting a File
- To remove any file from your device, simply select the file and click Delete button
- You will get a confirmation box. Click Delete on it.
- The file will get removed from your device.
Do reach out to us on email@example.com if you have any questions or are facing any issues during setup or usage of this feature.