Remote File Management on Android Devices
Scalefusion's Remote Cast & Control now allows to download and/or upload files from your managed Android devices. The File Sync feature allows admin/ group admin to push a file from their laptop (system) to a connected device and/or pull a file from a connected device to their laptop even when you have not initiated a remote cast session.
This guide will explain how file transfer can be done.
Before you Begin
- Make sure that you have either an Enterprise Plan subscription or if you are IN-Trial then you have requested the access for this feature.
- A Scalefusion managed Android device (version 5.1 or above) with RemoteCast app version 3.4.4 installed and setup.
- From the Scalefusion dashboard, navigate to Remote Cast & Control and click on Start Session option for the device where you want to do a File Sync.
- A detailed Remote cast and control screen will be displayed. Here, click on Start File Sync button placed next to the 'Start Session' button
- This will establish connection with your device and show its File tree structure on the dashboard. Now you can transfer files to and from your device.
Upload a File:
To transfer files from your laptop onto your device, use Upload feature. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Click on the folder from which you want to transfer file. For eg. You want to transfer a picture on your device. Hence, click on Pictures folder and then click Upload
- Browse and select the file you want to transfer on your device
- The file will start reflecting on your device.
Download a File:
To transfer files from your device to your laptop, use Download feature. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Click on a file which you want to download from a device to a laptop. For eg. You want to download an image from your device's Screenshots folder to a laptop. Hence, click on Screenshots folder in the tree structure and then select the image to download. Then click Download.
- The file will start downloading on your laptop and will be placed inside Downloads folder.
Deleting a File
- To remove any file from your device, simply select the file and click Delete button
- You will get a confirmation box. Click Delete on it.
- The file will get removed from your device.
Do reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or are facing any issues during setup or usage of this feature.