Migration to GSuite based Dashboard Sign-In
Scalefusion Dashboard now allows users to Sign-In with their GSuite account. If you are using GSuite account in your organisation then you and your admins can seamlessly migrate to sign-in to Dashboard with your GSuite account.
In this document we will see how to migrate an existing account to sign in using GSuite.
Before You Begin
- A valid Scalefusion Dashboard account
- A valid GSuite account Id
In a nutshell, migration would require the following action(s):
- Sign In using GSuite Id: This is the first step to start the migration.
- Navigate to https://scalefusion.com
- Log out of Scalefusion Dashboard, if you are already signed-in.
- Click Login on the Scalefusion landing page.
- Click on Sign In with GSuite button
- You will be redirected to the Google Sign-In page
- Please enter your GSuite credentials (username and password) and complete the sign in process,
- Next you will be taken to a Thank you page where you would have to create a security PIN.
- Navigate to https://scalefusion.com
- Creating a Security PIN: A security PIN helps in authorizing certain actions on Dashboard which will require a two-step confirmation. This helps in preventing accidental deletes/edits of important data from Dashboard. To create a Security PIN please complete the steps below,
- Name: We try and fetch the name from GSuite username. You can Add/Edit the name.
- Phone Number: We try and fetch the phone number from GSuite credentials. Here you can edit the phone number.
- Create New PIN/Confirm Pin: Choose a 6 digit PIN that will be required to authorize certain actions on Dashboard as and when required.
- Click ACCESS NOW to complete the migration and start accessing the Dashboard.
- Once you have completed these two steps, you can now start using GSuite credentials to Sign-In to Scalefusion.
Migration for Existing Administrators
There is no specific action required from an Owner/Co-Account Owner to handle the migration for existing Administrators. All your existing Administrators can access the Scalefusion Dashboard either using the Scalefusion account that was created earlier OR they can use Sign-In using GSuite option and migrate as per the steps described above.
Inviting Administrators to Manage Scalefusion Dashboard
When you are inviting new Administrators to manage Scalefusion Dashboard, you can choose how they should be invited to access the Scalefusion Dashboard. To invite a new administrator, please follow the steps below,
- Navigate to Admin & Roles
- Click on Administrators > ADD NEW ADMIN
- Enter the following details in the Add Admin Wizard:
- Full Name: The name of the administrator
- Email: The Email address of the administrator
- Role: Choose a Role for the administrator:
- Groups: If the selected Role is of type Group Admin, you can additionally select the groups that they can administer.
- Admin Type: Select a preference on how the admin should join/activate the Scalefusion Dashboard access. The Invitation email will be sent basing on the Admin type. The option are,
- Allow SignUp using GSuite: Use this option if you are inviting an admin who uses the same email domain as your organization.
- Create Scalefusion Account: Use this option if you are inviting an admin who is outside your organization domain.
- Click SUBMIT once you have provided all the information.
2. The option to choose Admin Type will only be visible if you have Signed Up using GSuite.
3. Admin Type cannot be edited once the Administrator Signs up to the Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why are we required to set a Security PIN, when using GSuite accounts?
Answer: On Dashboard there are certain actions that require you/admin to confirm the action using your Password or PIN. For GSuite based sign-in's, Scalefusion uses the PIN that is created on first Sign-In as a validation for this step.
Question: How do we change the Security PIN?
Answer: Navigate to View and Edit Profile > Change Pin to change the Pin.
Question: How do we reset PIN in case of a forgotten PIN?
- For Admin Accounts: Please contact your Account Owner. Account Owners, can navigate to Admins and Roles > Reset PIN for an admin.
- For Co-Account Owners: Please contact your Account Owner. Account Owners, can navigate to Admins and Roles > Reset PIN for a co-account owner.
- For Account Owners: Please contact [email protected] to receive a Reset PIN email.
Question: What would happen to the administrator emails/accounts that we have invited/added to manage our Scalefusion Dashboard?
Answer: The Administrator accounts can also migrate to using the GSuite credentials and start accessing Dashboard. Their Roles and Rights will be the same as before. Please note that we don't enforce this on Admins or have provided such controls to force them to use GSuite. This is an Opt-In feature for now.
Question: We have administrators outside our organization domain. Can they continue to use/access Scalefusion Dashboard using their e-mail ids?
Answer: Yes. Their access to Dashboard remains same.
Question: We had setup 2-F authentication to access Scalefusion Dashboard. Will that be removed or changed?
Answer: No. If you had setup 2-F authentication, that will continue to work like before. However the user will be asked for the second factor authentication post they Sign In using GSuite.
Question: How can we Import our GSuite Users to enroll their devices?
Answer: Please refer to our guide on User Management to start importing users.