Unlock Settings for Android devices
Scalefusion managed devices in locked state may need to be unlocked sometimes for a short duration for debugging or some other reasons. To maintain the security of the device even when it is unlocked, certain settings can be configured. This document gives a description of those settings and their configuration.
Before You Begin
- Android Device Profile should be created.
- You must have a valid Scalefusion account.
- Navigate to Device Profiles & Policies > Device Profiles and edit an existing Android Device Profile.
- Navigate to Restrictions > Device Settings > Unlock Settings
- You will find the following settings:
- Auto Lock the device after (minutes): Enabling this setting automatically locks the devices after specified minutes, if they are unlocked from Dashboard or locally using exit passcode. Select the setting and specify the time from the drop-down after which the device should lock itself.
- Retain core Security Settings on Unlock: Enabling this setting retains the values of following security settings when the device is unlocked, as per their status at profile level. As a result, if they are enabled at profile level they remain enabled even when device is unlocked.
- Factory Reset
- OTA Update
- USB Debugging
- Safe Mode
- Guest Mode
- Allow Airplane Mode
- Generate a Device Level Exit Passcode: Enabling this generates a device level unique exit passcode that can be used to unlock the device.
- Where is the device level exit passcode visible?
Once this setting is enabled, the unique passcode is visible in Devices > View Details section.This password can be used at following places on the device:
- Exit Dialog
- 3 dots menu > Settings
- Swipe from left if in SAM modeTo maintain security, this passcode once used, is invalidated. A new passcode is generated the next time you want to use a device level exit passcode.