Configure Email (POP/IMAP) for Windows
For an organization using Windows 10 devices en-masse, Microsoft Exchange is one of the most frequently used email and calendar software. However some organizations, mostly SME's opt for a POP/IMAP based email servers, which give the full benefits of email and at the same time keeping the costs low.
MobiLock addresses this by providing you with an easy to use Email Settings section, where you can configure the Email policy for your organization and then push them to MobiLock managed Windows 10 devices. In this guide we will see how to create, configure and publish an Email configuration from MobiLock Dashboard.
Before you Begin
- Login to MobiLock Dashboard
- Have access to your organization POP/IMAP Email settings.
- Have access to one MobiLock managed Windows 10 device.
Creating a Email configuration
- Navigate to Windows Utilities > Email Settings. This section will display all the existing configurations and the actions that can performed on them. Click on ADD NEW to start adding a configuration.
- The Create Email Configuration dialog will be displayed. The dialog has three tabs,
- Account Settings: Configure the mandatory settings in this tab.
- SMTP Settings: Configure SMTP Alternative settings in this section.
- Mail Settings: Specify the incoming and outgoing email servers. Also choose the Mail sync policy.
- Once you have made all the changes, click SAVE. Once the configuration is saved, it will start appearing in the list as shown below,
Publishing an Email Configuration
Once a configuration is created, the next step is to publish onto the devices. Follow the steps below to apply it to a device profile.
- In the action panel on the right side, click on the Publish icon.
- From the list of Device Profiles, select the profile where you want to apply the configuration to and select PUBLISH
- Once the configuration is published to a device profile, it will be pushed to all the devices in that profile. The pre-installed Windows Email client on the devices will be configured on the devices with this configuration.
- These are the additional actions on an Email Configuration which can be accessed from the action panel to the right of configuration.
- Edit: Edit the email configuration. Any edits are automatically published.
- UnPublish: This will un-publish the configuration from the profile and delete the locally stored email from the devices.
- Delete: This will delete the configuration from dashboard and also delete the locally stored email from devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: We have moved the device to a different profile which does not have an email configuration. But on devices the email configuration of the old profile is still present?
Answer: Since Exchange and Email are data intensive operations and mostly are a one time setup feature, MobiLock does not un-publish it from devices when the devices are moved between profiles.