Scalefusion MDM Agent Application
Scalefusion MDM Agent is an application developed by Scalefusion for Windows devices that would help perform additional operations that Windows CSP does not offer at this point of time. Some of the the main offerings of Scalefusion MDM agent are,
- Collecting Device Information - Tracking User Info like current logged in user, last logged in user etc. This is reflected under Devices > Full Device Information as User Info.
- Collecting Users' Login/Logout Activity: Please refer User Activity report of ScreenTime reports.
- Executing Powershell Commands: Executing PowerShell scripts on managed Windows Devices
- Install enterprise MSIs & Executables: Refer Installing MSI Apps and Installing executables (Exe) on managed Windows devices.
- Shutdown Windows devices remotely with feature to configure Shutdown settings allowing grace period before device is powered off.
- Send Broadcast Message to Windows devices
The document below describes how Scalefusion MDM agent is to be installed on the devices through Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Create a Windows Device Profile
- The devices should have Windows 10 version 1809 and above, with Windows Pro, Business, Enterprise, Education editions.
Installing Scalefusion MDM Agent from Dashboard
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Navigate to Application Management > Scalefusion Apps
- You will find Scalefusion MDM Agent (with Windows icon). Click on it.
- In the side panel that opens, click on Publish button
- In the dialog box that opens, select the Device Profiles where you want to publish MDM agent and click Publish
- All the devices with the selected Device Profiles will have Windows MDM agent installed on them.
Checking Installation Status
After publishing, you can check the status whether the Scalefusion MDM agent has been installed on the devices, by using the View Status option,
If MDM agent is installed on the device(s), it will show the status as Installed
Verification of Scalefusion MDM Agent Service Status on Device
Once published and installed from Dashboard, you can verify on the device if Scalefusion MDM Agent service is running. This can be done through Services app and Task Manager.
- Log in to the Windows device on which Scalefusion MDM agent has been published.
- Open Services app. You should be able to see Scalefusion MDM Agent Service in running mode.
- Task Manager
Open Task Manager. You should be able to see Scalefusion MDM Agent Service in running mode.