Scalefusion MDM Agent Application for Mac devices
- Step 1: Installing Scalefusion MDM Client from Dashboard
- Step 2: Checking Installation Status
- Step 3: Grant Notification Permission on device
- Scalefusion MDM Client App on Device
- Launching the application
Scalefusion has developed an application for macOS devices named Scalefusion - MDM Client that acts as a medium for admins to perform some operations on Scalefusion managed devices which otherwise was not being possible. Some of the the main offerings of Scalefusion MDM Client are,
- Sending Broadcast Messages to Mac devices
- Access Files / folders on Mac devices published through Content Management
- Upload and execute shell script files on mac devices
The document below describes installing Scalefusion MDM client application on the devices from Scalefusion Dashboard, launching the app on device and its features.
- Create Mac Device Profile
- The devices should have Mac version 10.14 and above
- Mac Devices should be enrolled with Scalefusion
Step 1: Installing Scalefusion MDM Client from Dashboard
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Navigate to Application Management > Scalefusion Apps
- You will find Scalefusion MDM Client application (with macOS icon). Click on it.
- In the side panel that opens, click on Publish button
- In the dialog box that opens, select the Mac Device Profiles where you want to publish Scalefusion MDM client and click Publish
- All the devices with the selected Device Profiles will have Scalefusion MDM Client installed on them.
Step 2: Checking Installation Status
After publishing, you can check the status whether the Scalefusion MDM Client has been installed on the devices, by using the View Status option,
If Scalefusion MDM Client is installed on the device(s), it will show the App status as Installed else it will reflect as Pending or Installing.
Step 3: Grant Notification Permission on device
To proceed with using the Scalefusion MDM client app on the device, you need to grant notification permission. Hence, after installing the app from Dashboard, you will get the following pop-up. Click on Grant Permission
This opens the System Preferences window. Here, in the Notifications section, select Scalefusion-Agent from the app list and toggle on the setting Allow Notifications on the right.
Note: If you do not grant the above permission, you will keep getting the following message when you try to launch Scalefusion MDM client app
Scalefusion MDM Client App on Device
Once published and installed from Dashboard, the Scalefusion MDM Client app will reflect on the managed Mac device at following locations:
- Top bar: On the topmost bar you will find the icon for MDM Client app
- Launchpad: The app is visible inside Launchpad
You can click any one of the above to launch the application on device
Launching the application
When you launch the Scalefusion MDM client application it will show the following sections as separate tabs. Click on a particular tab to navigate to that section. All these are explained in detail below:
Displays the broadcast messages sent through Scalefusion Dashboard. To know more on broadcast messaging on Mac devices, please visit here.
The files, folders, presentations published from Content Management on Dashboard, are available under FileDock section of client application, on Mac Devices. To view a file/folder, click on it. You will get four options:
- Open with FileDock: The file opens inside the MDM client app > FileDock only. If you close the application, the file also gets closed.
- Open with Default Application: The file opens with its default application. On choosing this option, you will get the following pop-up. Click OK to open the file.
- Save: Saves the file at the selected location on your Mac device
- Cancel: Cancels opening of the file
To begin running a Presentation on device, you need to click on it and to close it, click on Close button.
Supported File formats
Certain file types are supported while few are not supported when you try to open with FileDock or with Default Application on the device. Following is a list:
|ogg||❌||✅ [Google, Firefox]|
The Settings section shows the following:
- Subscription Licence
- Status of Notification Permission, whether granted or not granted
- Upload Logs: Uploads logs of all the activities performed on Scalefusion MDM client app, at the backend
- Version: The current version of Scalefusion MDM client application
If you unpublish the Scalefusion MDM client app from Dashboard (Application Management > Scalefusion Apps > Scalefusion - MDM client), it will not remove the application from your Mac device. Unpublish will only prevent the app from being published onto new devices.