IMEI / Serial Number based Enrollment
Scalefusion provides option of bulk enrollment of devices. IMEI / Serial # Based Enrollment is a quick and easy way for bulk enrollment of Android Enterprise devices. All you need to do is upload a CSV file containing IMEIs or Serial Numbers along with the group or profile and device names for each of them.
The document describes in detail how to enroll your device with this method.
Enrollment via IMEI/Serial# is only applicable to Android devices
Before You Begin
- Have a valid Scalefusion account
- The Android Device must be running Android 6.0 and higher and is Android Enterprise Ready
- On Devices, the standard Android OOB experience, that allows you to enter GMail account during device setup, should be followed.
IMEI/Serial # based enrollment does not work beyond Android 9 as Android does not allow reading of the Hardware IDs. Unless you are using a custom ROM or kitting the devices via adb this method won't work. Please use other Enrollment methods like 6-times tap, Zero-touch, Samsung KME or afw#mobilock. Please contact our support if there are any questions.
- Sign in to Scalefusion and navigate to Enrollment Configurations > IMEI/Serial# Enrollment
- Click on “Download Sample CSV”
- Open the downloaded sample CSV. It contains some sample data.If you have defined any custom fields, they will also be available here and you can enter values under them.The custom property information can be uploaded for all platforms. When the device enrolls the properties are auto-assigned to the device.
- Remove the sample data and put the Serial no. of device(s) in the Serial_no and / or IMEI number of device(s) in the IMEI number column and Save.The IMEI / Serial Number can be of Windows, Mac, iOS or Android devices. Based on IMEI/Serial#, the custom field values provided ahead of enrollment, will be assigned to the devices once they enroll.Enter other details like device profile, device name, device group, license code etc. if you have them. However, it is not mandatory to enter all these details.
- Now, on the Dashboard, click Upload CSV button (next to Download sample CSV)
- This opens a box where you need to browse for the file that you just saved in #4
- The details (IMEI number etc.) you entered in the csv file will start reflecting on the dashboard. This indicates that the details entered are correct.
You can still enter device group, profile name, license etc. To do so, click on Edit on the right side which will open a small box where you can enter all other details.
On the Device
- Install Scalefusion on your Android device
- Tap on OTHER ENROLLMENT OPTIONS
- A new box will open with number of options. Here, tap Auto Enroll
- You may see this screen. Click Agree
- It will start validating your device as per details uploaded in csv file. Once validated, you will be asked to enter a name for your device. Enter a name and tap Submit
- You can add this device to a Device Group. Tap Skip if you do not want to add a device group.
- All Device profiles will be listed. You can select a device profile which you wish to apply on your device or tap Skip if you do not want to.
- Next, you will get to the Permissions screen. Complete the Setup (Grant all the permissions to the Scalefusion app)
- User Authenticated Enrollment: If you have selected User Authenticated Enrollment in QR code configuration, you will get the user authentication screen after permissions.
- Enter the user's email id (id added at the time of adding user) and tap Continue.
- You will receive OTP on the registered email id. Enter the OTP on the device and Submit.
This option can be used by admins if they are setting up the devices for end users. With this, admins will be directly led to Scalefusion home screen without authentication and check if policies, published apps are present and working fine or not and then hand over the devices to end users.
- All the apps and other settings setup through device profile (if selected), will show up on your device. See screenshot for an example
- On your Scalefusion Dashboard, in Devices section, you will see a green lock icon next to the device if the setup is properly complete.
Also, on IMEI / Serial # Based Enrollment on dashboard, the Status changes to Enrolled
Your device is enrolled now.