Using 6 taps setup & Scan QR Code to enroll Android Corporate Owned device
Android Enterprise devices offer a quick and easy way to enroll your devices right when they are unboxed or after a factory reset, in the form of six-taps and scanning a QR Code. This method of enrollment, downloads the Scalefusion application, sets the app as Device Owner (EMM managed) and performs the Sign-In automatically leaving only the permissions step to be completed.
Let's look in detail how to enroll your device with this method.
Before You Begin
- The Android Device must be running Android 7.0 and higher and is android Android Enterprise Ready
- Devices are fresh out of the box(Without any account setup) or are factory reset.
- On these Devices, the standard Android OOB experience, that allows you to enter GMail account during device setup, need not be followed.
- Create a QR Code configuration as described here.
- Power On the device.
- When you see the screen that asks you to select Language, tap anywhere on the screen "6" times in the same spot and wait.
- Next, you will be prompted for QR code setup for setting up the device. Click 'Next'
- Connect the device to Wi-Fi
- Once connected, it will check for updates and install QR Reader
- As soon as QR reader is installed, you will be prompted to scan QR code. You can scan a QR Code that you have created on Scalefusion Dashboard.
After scanning the QR code, Scalefusion app installation process will begin.
- You will get a prompt to Set up your device. On this, click 'Accept & Continue'
- This will start setting up your work device
- Complete the Setup (Grant all the permissions to the Scalefusion app).
- All the apps setup through device profile, will show up on your device. See screenshot for an example
- On your Scalefusion Dashboard, you will see a Briefcase icon next to the device if the setup is properly complete.
Your device is enrolled now.