Sending Broadcast Message to Devices
An Administrator can broadcast messages to the users' Android, iOS, Mac and Windows 10 devices from Scalefusion. These messages are displayed as a pop-up and will be saved on the device for future reference.
This feature is quite useful wherever admins want to send a common message or make an important announcement.
- Devices should be enrolled with Scalefusion
- For Windows devices, two additional settings are required viz.
- For Mac Devices,
- Scalefusion - MDM client app should be installed on devices.
How to send Broadcast message
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard and navigate to Utilities > Broadcast Messaging
- Click on Create New Message.
- This opens create message dialog box. Enter the following:
- Sender's Name: This is pre-populated with the name you have in profile. You can change this. In the broadcast message, the receiver will get to see the name entered here
- Compose the message in Your Message section
- Additional Settings (These apply on Android and Windows devices):
- Keep Ringing: This would make the broadcast message keep ringing on the device when pushed until the end user reads it. This setting is applicable only on Android devices on which Scalefusion is running in Kiosk mode
- Show Message in Dialog Box: If checked, this would display the broadcast message on device in a dialog box.
- Click Next
- Select the Device Groups / Devices on which you want to send the message and click Send Message
The message will be instantly sent to the selected devices.
Viewing Broadcast message on the device
On Android Devices, the broadcast message flashes as a pop-up with Read and Skip buttons. Clicking on Read takes you to Admin Messages area where you can read the messages.
The messages are stored in Admin Messages section. Hence, if you choose skip on the pop-up, they are available to be read later from Admin Messages (accessible by clicking on three dots on the top right)
On iOS devices, it comes as a pop-up and saved in Messages
On Windows also it can be viewed as pop-up. When Ok is clicked, the complete message is shown up.
On macOS devices, it comes as a pop-up and saved in Scalefusion - MDM client app > Messages section
Additional Actions on Broadcast Messages
The messages that have been broadcasted are displayed on the dashboard with following details:
- Message: The message you have composed
- Sender: Name of sender
- Sent At: Date & Time at which message is sent
- Acknowledged / Sent: Count of devices on which the message is acknowledged (delivered) and count of how many devices it has been sent to.
- View: You can view the complete message along with other related details by clicking on the eye icon.
- Delete: Clicking on bin icon deletes the message from dashboard and also from iOS and Windows devices but not from Android devices. You will get a confirmation box before deleting.
Global settings when implemented, become applicable whenever a broadcast message is sent. You don't need to check these every time you are sending a message. Global Settings can be applied only on Windows and Android Devices
- On Broadcast Messaging page, click on Global Settings button next to Create New Message
- This opens Global Message Settings dialog box, where you can check/uncheck the following and submit:
- Keep Ringing
- Show message in dialog box