OS Update Settings for Android
The Android operating system (OS) requires an update every so often. These updates improve the security, fix any bugs, and add more features to your device.
By applying OS Update settings as a policy in Scalefusion, you can control the installation of updates on your managed Android devices. The document describes these and related settings.
Before You Begin
- Android Device Profile should be created.
- You must have a valid Scalefusion account.
- The devices should be EMM managed.
System Update Policy Settings
- Navigate to Device Profiles & Policies > Device Profiles and edit an existing Android Device Profile.
- Click on OS Update Settings. You will find System Update Policy settings under EMM tab.
- Select a policy for Android OS Updates. The default is None. You can choose between the following options,
- None: No policy applies for OS Updates
- Postpone: Postpones the installation of updates by 30 days
- Automatic Install Update: The updates are automatically installed
- Install within maintenance window: Specify the start time and end time and the updates will get installed during that timeframe.