Enable Email based Two Step Verification
Email-based Two-Step (2-Step) verification provides you with a quick and easy way to enhance the security mechanism that is used to log in to Scalefusion Dashboard. Once enabled, whenever a administrator (including you) tries to login to Dashboard, an One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the email address with which the login has been attempted.
Who can Enable Two-Step Authentication?
Only the accounts with Owners & Co-Account Owners have the privilege of enabling 2-step authentication.
Before you Begin
- Make sure you have a valid Scalefusion Dashboard account with the owner or co-account owner privileges.
Enabling 2-Step verification will enforce all the owners, co-account owners, and other administrators in your Scalefusion Dashboard to follow 2-step verification.
Please watch the video guide for a visual walkthrough.
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Admins and Roles
- Click on Security tab.
- Click on the checkbox next to Enable 2-Step Verification
- By default Email option will be selected. Leave it at that.
- Click SAVE
- You will be asked to enter your password to confirm. Enter your password and click SUBMIT.
- This will enable Email based 2-Step Verification for you and all your accounts in Dashboard.
Enabling 2-step verification does not sign you out or other users from the current session. It will be applicable the next time somebody attempts a sign-in.
If you had already enabled Google Authenticator based 2-Step verification, first DISABLE the current mechanism before you can enable Email based 2-step verification.
How to Sign In with Email-based 2-Step Verification Enabled?
- Navigate to https://scalefusion.com/
- Click on Login option.
- Enter your credentials and click Sign In.
- If the email and password are correct, then an email with One Time Passcode (OTP) will be sent to the email.
- Go to your Email inbox and check for the OTP code, including the Spam folder.
- Navigate back to Scalefusion dashboard. Enter the received code.
- Click Sign In.