In this Global Settings section you can configure various settings for Windows devices. They are described below.
How to Access
- On Scalefusion Dashboard, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings.
- Navigate to Windows Settings tab.
Configure Windows Shutdown Settings
With this setting you can configure a grace period to allow users to save their work, before the device is powered off. To do so,
- Toggle on the setting Configure Shutdown settings which enables the following:
Grace period before device is powered off
Specify a time period from the following options. This is a grace period which allows users to save their work, before the device is powered off:
Configure a Message
Here you can compose a message that will be displayed to the end users and alerts them that the device will be powered off.
- Click on Save settings
Configure Intel vPro Settings
These settings are required to be configured to activate Intel vPro AMT enabled devices. To learn more about the settings, visit the Intel vPro documentation by clicking here.
Create Admin Account
With this utility IT Admins can configure a default admin account on all enrolled and managed devices. This account can be used to perform various administrative tasks. To do so:
- Toggle on the setting Create Admin Account. This will enable following:
- Admin Username: Enter username. Allows upto 20 characters
- Admin Password: Enter password. Allows upto 32 characters
- Hide Account from Logon list: Enabling this will hide the admin account from the login list.
- After adding the details, click Save settings.
Important Points to note:
- For this feature to work, the latest Scalefusion MDM agent v5.0.0 or above should be installed on the device.
- If the password for this account is changed locally on the device, then you will not be able to change it again through Scalefusion MDM agent.