Silent App Installation
For corporate owned devices, Silent Application Installation becomes an important feature. This allows you to make sure that the devices all have the applications that you want them to.
Silent Application Installation is only possible on Supervised devices. However since MobiLock Pro does not support VPP feature for now, there are some additional steps that you have to perform to achieve this on your devices for the Free applications that you distribute from iTunes store.
Here are the details on how to enable Silent App Installation on the devices.
Please watch the video below to get a visual walkthrough.
Configuring iTunes Account
Distributing the applications from iTunes store would require a valid iTunes account to be configured on the device. If iTunes account is not configured, then first application is published from Apple App Store from MobiLock Dashboard, the user’s would see a dialog to configure the iTunes Account.
Configuring iTunes Settings
For silent installations to happen for all Free applications, please follow the below steps on the iOS Device,
- Open Settings on iOS device.
- Click on iTunes Account that you just configured.
- On this screen, click on iTunes & App Store.
- Now click on Password Settings.
- Select either of Always Require or Require After 15 Minutes - This is for paid content, and not applicable for Free apps.
- By doing Step e above the option to Enable/Disable Require Password will be enabled. Disable the Require Password option.
By doing the steps above, you will be able to silently install the applications. Please watch the video below for a visual walkthrough.