Scalefusion's Content Management is one of the frequently used add-ons. This service helps you distribute your enterprise content in a safe and secure manner to your Scalefusion managed devices.
This document guides on how to upload your enterprise content on Scalefusion Dashboard and then push it onto your managed devices, all this using Content Management.
Before you Begin
- On the Scalefusion Managed devices you would need the latest version of FileDock on Android and Windows devices and on iOS you would need the latest version of Scalefusion iOS Agent.
- Make sure you have an active subscription to Scalefusion Content Management.
- Make sure you have access to the Google Drive account and the files that you want to publish.
- Make sure to update your devices to the latest FileDock version. For eg. 2.1.1(42) and above on your Android devices.To learn more about installing FileDock on Windows, please click here
Upload Content on Dashboard
- On the Dashboard, go to Content Management > Content
- To add file click on ADD NEW and select Files
- This opens the File Upload dialog box which has two separate tabs
- Upload from Computer
- Upload Using External Link
Upload from ComputerThrough this you can upload any file lying on your system. To do so, either drag and drop files here or click on UPLOAD FILE and select the file you want to upload, from your machine.
Upload Using External Link
Scalefusion's Content Management service comes with 50MB, 100MB or 200MB bundles, but sometimes the space might not be enough to push your enterprise content, as you might be having a large training video or you might want to use Content Management in Presentation mode where there are multiple large marketing videos.
To address these use-cases, we have allowed you to use your Google Drive files to be distributed via Scalefusion Content Management. The steps below guide on how to upload/link your Google Drive files to Scalefusion Content Management.
Making the File accessible on Google Drive
- Sign In to your Google Drive account.
- Navigate to the folder and right click on the file that you want to publish via Content Management service.
- From the list of options select Share
- On the dialog as shown below click Advanced
- Under the Who has Access option, click Change
- From the dialog shown below,
- Select On - Anyone with the link
- You can leave the access permission at it’s default that Can View.
- Click Save
- Now copy the url link of the file that is shown in Link to Share box.
Linking the File on Content Management
- Sign In to your Scalefusion Dashboard
- Navigate to Content Management > Content
- Click on ADD NEW and select Files
- In the Upload dialog,
- Click on Upload Using External Link
- Paste the URL that you copied from Google Drive as shown below
- At this point, Scalefusion's Content Management tries to fetch the details of the file. If it succeeds then the file information is shown as shown below. Note that we cannot fetch the size of the file and hence it is shown as 0 bytes. If the file format is not supported OR if there is an error then an error is displayed.
- Click on SAVE EXTERNAL URL
- Once saved, this file will now appear on your Dashboard.
From this point you can publish/unpublish this file to your devices and groups like you do with a locally uploaded file.
Points to Remember
- If the Google Drive file is deleted after it is uploaded on Content Management, then on devices the downloads will fail.
- If the Google Drive file does not have the required access permissions as described in the steps above, then neither the dashboard not device can retrieve the file details.
- Only the following file formats are supported for upload, txt, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, pdf, avi, mkv, 3gp, mp4, mp3, wav, 3ga, m4a, aac, ogg, amr, gif, xml, properties, png, jpeg & jpg.
- Although Scalefusion's Content Management supports upload of formats mentioned in point 3, FileDock application can natively open certain file formats. You would need 3rd party viewers on the device to open unsupported file formats.
Publishing Content on Device
- Once the file gets uploaded, it will be available on the dashboard.
- Clicking on the file will show a brief information (name, file type, date added etc.) about it at the bottom of the page. Here, click Publish
- This opens the dialog box where you need to select the Devices / Device Groups on which you want to publish the file. After selecting the devices, click Publish
- On the Windows device, click on FileDock App.
- A folder with the name Scalefusion gets created. Click on it and the file you just published will be availableIn case of Android devices, the folder with the name Mobilock gets created in FileDock app, and the file you published is available inside this folder
This is how any content can be published on devices.
Other actions on these files / folders can be performed only through Scalefusion Dashboard. For example, a file or folder once published, can be unpublished from the device. To do so:
- Go to Content Management -> Content
- Select the file / folder to be unpublished. At the bottom of the page, where a brief information about the file is shown, you will find the button Unpublish. Click on it.
- This opens a dialog box where you should select the Device Groups / Devices from which you need to unpublish the concerned file or folder. Select the devices and click Unpublish
On Windows device, the file will be removed from inside FileDock's Scalefusion folder.
Other actions that can be performed on a file or folder:
Scalefusion's Presentation mode is an Android, Windows and iOS device specific feature on top of the Scalefusion Content Management add-on, that lets you easily turn your Scalefusion managed devices into Digital Signage Kiosks or use your content as screensavers.
To know more about creating a presentation and publishing it onto your devices, please click here