Whitelisting Websites - iOS
Whitelisting websites or allowing only certain websites is a critical feature for a Lock down solution. We support this feature for iOS devices as well, but we support it in the format that iOS supports. Please find below the steps to create a Whitelist Website and some notes related to it.
Please watch the following video that explains how to use Whitelist Websites in iOS.
Creating a Whitelist Website
- Login to your MobiLock Dashboard.
- Navigate to Device Management > Whitelist Websites section.
- Click on Whitelist a Website button.
- You would see a Dialog with 3 tabs, DETAILS | Android Settings | iOS Settings
- Under the DETAILS tab
- Enter the name for the shortcut
- Enter the URL for the shortcut
- Choose if the Shortcut should be visible on Home screen or not.
- Navigate to the iOS Settings tab and
- Choose if the Shortcut is removable by user
- Choose if the Shortcut should open-in full screen.
- Upload a Logo
- Note, that all these settings are applicable only if the Shortcut is made visible under DETAILS tab.
Publishing Whitelist Websites
The Whitelisted websites can be published in the following two ways:
1. Publishing from Whitelist Website section
- Navigate to Device Management > Whitelist Websites.
- Click on the Publish icon Next to the Whitelisted Website
- Choose the Device Profile(s) where you want to publish it and click on PUBLISH.
- The shortcut will be published to all the devices in the selected profiles.
2. Publishing from Device Profile
- Navigate to Device Management > Device Profiles
- Select the Profile where you want to publish it and click on EDIT icon
- Once in the Edit mode, navigate to Whitelist Websites and select the shortcuts that you want to enable.
- Click NEXT until you reach the Restrictions page.
- Click UPDATE PROFILE
- The shortcut will be published to all the devices in the selected profile.