Configure Cisco AnyConnect VPN for Android
Scalefusion and Android for Work make it easy for you to configure Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your managed Android devices. Follow the guide below to configure Cisco AnyConnect.
Before you Begin
- Complete Android for Work Setup in Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Enroll your corporate-owned devices using afw#mobilock
- Invite your Employees to enroll their Personal devices.
Search and Approve Cisco AnyConnect
The first step is to search and approve Cisco AnyConnect for your organization. The steps are,
- Sign In Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Application Management > Play For Work Apps
- Click on Add from Playstore button.
- In the Google Play dialog search for Cisco AnyConnect,
- Click on the Cisco AnyConnect app and click on Select.
- Cisco AnyConnect app will be added to the dashboard and can be published to devices.
Configuring Cisco AnyConnect Settings
Once you have the AnyConnect app, the next step is to configure the application. The steps are,
- Click on the AnyConnect application to see the details card.
- Click on the App Configurations tab and click CREATE to see the configuration options.
- Cisco AnyConnect gives you the following configuration options,
The display name for the VPN as shown on user's mobile device
The URL of the headend that is the actual Cisco VPN Server.
Choose between SSL or IPSec.
IPSec Authentication Mode
If the selected protocol is IPSec, then choose the authentication mode.
Optional field to specify the data on how to identify a user connection.
Keychain Certificate Alias
KeyChain alias of the client certificate to use for this VPN configuration.
Per App VPN Allowed Apps
Deprecated. Use the setting below
Per App VPN Allowed Apps
Specify a comma separated list of applications that should be routed through VPN.
Per App VPN Disallowed Apps
Specify a comma separated list of applications that should not be routed through VPN.
Allow Apps to Bypass VPN Tunnel
Choose if you want the applications to bypass the VPN Tunnel.
Select this to make the default selected VPN Configuration.
Select to enable FIPS mode for AnyConnect.
Enter the AnyConnect Profile in XML format.
Enter the device identifier that should be reported to VPN Server.
Report Hardware Identifiers for VPN Identification
Enable if the H/W identifiers like Mac and/or IMEI should be reported to VPN Server.
Allow Users to Save Credentials
Choose if user can save the VPN Credentials so that they are not asked for it repeatedly.
- Once you have entered the values, click on SAVE to save the configuration. All the saved configurations appear in the list.
Publishing the Application and Configuration
Once you have created the configuration, the next step is to publish the application and then the configuration. The steps are,
- From the App Details card, click on the App Information tab and click on PUBLISH
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you want to publish the application and click PUBLISH
- Now click on the App Configuration tab. Click on the Publish icon.
- Select the Android Device Groups/Profiles/Devices where you have published the application in Step 3, and click PUBLISH
- This will cause the applications to be installed on the devices and then configured based on the configuration.