Enrollment Configurations for Company Owned Macs
Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to enroll your Mac devices. By creating a configuration, you can choose the default Group or Profile and a naming convention for the devices that are enrolled using this configuration.
For each Kiosk/Corporate enrollment configuration, there is one unique URL generated which can be used on all the Mac devices that you want to enroll using this configuration. You can create as many enrollment configurations as you want depending upon the number of Device Profiles that you have.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- Make sure you have at-least one Mac Device Profile as described in Create a Mac Device Profile.
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Click on Devices & User Enrollment > QR Code
- Click on CREATE to launch the configuration creator wizard.
- Under the Basic section fill in the relevant details, click NEXT once ready.
- Name: Give a Name for this configuration
- Enrollment Type: Choose Kiosk/Agent
- Device Naming: Choose a Device Naming convention.
- Use OS Name: If this is selected then the device names are pre-fixed with the OS name. In case of macOS, they are prefixed with Mac
- Under the Group/Profile section, select a macOS Device Profile or a Device Group with macOS Device Profile. This will ensure that the devices enrolled using this configuration will be applied policies as per the Device Profile associated here. Click NEXT once done.
- Under the License section, you can select a license that should be applied to the devices that enroll via this configuration. This is an optional step, Scalefusion either applies the selected license or it chooses one of the available licenses if no free slots are available in the selected license. Click SAVE once done.
- To enroll a Mac device, you would need the enrollment URL. To get the enrollment URL, click on the configuration from the list, click the button Show Enrollment URL which opens a new box containing Enrollment URL and Enrollment Code.
- This opens a new box containing Enrollment URL and Enrollment Code.
- Following actions and options are available for MacOS enrollment configuration:
- Email: Use this option to have the configuration and enrollment details emailed to your Dashboard account Email.
- Edit: Use this option to edit the enrollment configuration.
- Block: Use this option to deactivate the enrollment configuration.
- Rotate: Use this option to rotate the enrollment URL and QR Code, in case you think the URL is compromised. Note that no action is taken on the devices that are already enrolled.
Once you have created enrollment configurations, head over to our Enrolling a Company Owned Mac Device guide to learn how to enroll a device.