Android Enterprise (Android for Work ) setup using GSuite
If your organization uses GSuite and you would want to setup Android Enterprise using GSuite then please follow the document below.
Before You Begin
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard
- You will need one GSuite account id.
- Generate EMM token. To do so, click here
Steps to Register
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard and navigate to Mission Control > Android Enterprise Setup.
- On this page, click REGISTER WITH GSUITE
- You will get this page where you need to enter Domain name (Your business domain name) and EMM Token (as generated). It is mandatory to enter both.
- After entering both, click REGISTER
- You will get a confirmation page for the Android Enterprise Setup completed, with all the details like Activation Status, Date of Activation, domain, Enterprise name etc.
Generate EMM token
EMM token is a unique token that binds your domain to Google for Android Management. Follow these steps to generate EMM token:
- Visit admin.google.com and sign in with your GSuite admin credentials (username and password)
- You will get Google's Admin Console page
- Click on Security
- This will open Configure security settings page. Scroll down and select Manage EMM provider for Android
- On the page that opens, click on the button Generate Token.
- The token will become visible. Copy this token
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I did GSuite based setup, we enrolled a device and provided GSuite ID. We are able to complete setup but the device still does not become EMM. What is the issue here?
Answer: On Google's Admin Console page, where you generate EMM token, there is a setting Enforce EMM policies on Android devices. Check this option and click Save
In addition, if Google Device Policy Manager app is installed on the device:
Step 1: Please uninstall it
Step 2: Disable Google's Enable Mobile Management setting on Google Admin Console. To do so, follow these steps:
- On Google Admin console, click on the three horizontal lines on the top left side and click on Devices
- This opens Device Management page. On this page, click on Setup link on the left (under MOBILE)
- On the Setup page, click on Mobile Management
- Here, disable the setting Enable Mobile Management by toggling it off and click Save