Enrolling Personal/Employee owned Mac device for users enforced to sign in via O365
This guide helps you to enroll your personal device to Scalefusion for Office365 users enforced to sign in via O365.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you have access to the corporate email.
- Make sure that your IT Admin has invited you to enroll to Scalefusion.
- O365 users should have accounts registered with the respective Identity Service Provider (Azure AD)
- The setting Enforce Users to sign in using O365 is enabled in User Management Settings on Scalefusion Dashboard
Steps to Enroll your Personal Device
- To start the enrollment process, Click Enroll your Device if you are accessing the email on the Mac device that you are trying to enroll.
- This will open you default browser and loads up a page with the email address to begin enrollment. Verify your email address and Click Authenticate.
- Next, user would be taken to Microsoft login page where they have to pick the same login details to sign in and further handling till authorization succeeds.
- Read the Terms of Service set by your organization and click ACCEPT
- On the enrollment screen, click ENROLL.
- Depending upon which browser you used to start the enrollment, either of the following will happen,
- Google Chrome: A *.mobileconfig will be downloaded. Once it is downloaded, click on the downloaded file to go to the next step.
- Apple Safari: If you have enabled Auto-Open, then the file will be downloaded and you will be automatically directed to the next step. If you are not directed to the next step, please double click on the downloaded file.
- This will open the System Preferences pane and the following dialog will be shown. Click on Install to proceed with enrollment.
- You will be shown the details of the enrollment profile and asked to confirm the installation. Click Install
- If you are enrolling from a non-administrator user, you will be asked to enter administrator credentials to confirm the installation. Please enter the administrator credentials and Click OK.
- It will take around 1-2 minutes for the enrollment to be complete and the following screen confirms that the enrollment is complete. Depending upon the type of policies applied, you would see around 3 Profiles that are installed,
- Device Profiles: This section lists all the Profiles/Policies that are applicable at a device level. The items marked 1 & 2 are device level profiles and the policies applied by these profiles are applied to all the users of this machine.
- User Profiles: This section lists all the Profiles/Policies that are applicable at a user level. Identified by the point 3 in the image below, these policies are applicable only to the Mac user account from where the enrollment was done.
If you have any questions or are having issues enrolling your device, please leave us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Device details and we will get in touch with you.