User Authenticated Enrollment of Company Owned iOS Devices
Enrolling Apple device by using the QR Code helps to simplify the process of onboarding the device. This enrollment avoids manual error with time-saving steps and efficient provisioning of iOS devices. The document below describes steps to enroll iOS devices with user authentication.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Create an Apple Device Profile.
- Make sure you have at-least one QR Code configuration as per Create a QR Code Configuration with User Authenticated Enrollment selected as Enrollment Method.
- Make sure you have one iOS Device - Preferably a Supervised device having OS 13 or above.
Steps on iOS Devices
- Start by logging into the Dashboard and navigate to Enrollment Configurations > QR Code Configurations
- Expand the Configuration that you want to use (the one that has User Authenticated Enrollment chosen), click on iOS tab and click on Show iOS QR so that you can see the QR Code.
- On the iOS Device launch the Camera app.
- Scan the QR Code using the Camera app.
- Enter the email id (entered at the time of adding user) of user and click Confirm.
- You will receive OTP on the registered email id. Enter the OTP on the device and click Confirm.
- On the Terms of Service, click on Accept.
- Next, click on Enroll
- You would see Notification asking you to open Safari. Please click on the notification.
- Once Safari opens up, it will show you a dialog informing that the Settings app would be opened. Click on Allow.
- At this point, the MDM Profile will be downloaded and you will see an alert asking you to navigate to Settings to complete setup. Click on Close.
- Press the Home key on the device and launch Settings app.
- In the Settings app, find and click on the Profile Downloaded option. This is normally located below the Apple Id menu item in Settings.
- On the next screen, click on Install on the top right.
- This will start enrolling the device, and if the initial checks pass, then you will be shown a warning page informing you that Scalefusion would be remotely managing the device. Click on Install again.
- A dialog will be shown to confirm if you Trust this server. Click on Trust.
- This will start signing into the Scalefusion and once completed you will see a screen with Done option.
- Clicking on Done will complete the flow and you should see the set of policies and applications that you had allowed in the Device Profile have been applied to the device.