Enrol an iOS Device using QR Code
Enrolling Apple device by using the QR Code helps to simplify the process of onboarding the device. This enrollment avoids manual error with time-saving steps and efficient provisioning of iOS devices.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Create an Apple Device Profile.
- Make sure you have at-least one QR Code configuration as per Create a QR Code Configuration.
- Make sure you have one iOS Device - Preferably a Supervised device.
Please go through the video to see how to enrol a iOS device.
- Start by logging into Dashboard and navigate to Bulk Enrollment > QR Code.
- Expand the Configuration that you want to use so that you can see the QR Code.
- On the iOS Device launch the Camera app.
- Scan the QR Code using the Camera app.
- You would see Notification asking you to open Safari. Please click on the notification.
- Once Safari opens up, it will show you a dialog informing that the Settings app would be opened. Click on Allow.
- You will be shown a screen with the option to Install. Click on Install.
- The device will ask for a confirmation by asking you to click on install again. Click on Install.
- This will start enrolling the device, and if the initial checks pass, then you will be shown a warning page informing you that MobiLock would be remotely managing the device. Click on Install again.
- A dialog will be shown to confirm if you Trust this server. Click on Trust.
- This will start signing into the MobiLock and once completed you will see a screen with Done option.
- Clicking on Done will complete the flow and you should see the set of policies and applications that you had allowed in the Device Profile have been applied to the device.