Device Level actions on Android Devices
Scalefusion's Devices section gives you a complete view of your device inventory across operating system including Android. As and when a new device successfully enrolls in Scalefusion, the device will start appearing in Scalefusion Dashboard. This guide focusses on familiarizing you with the Scalefusion Device inventory view and the various actions you can perform on enrolled android devices from Scalefusion Dashboard.
Before You Begin
- Have a valid Scalefusion Dashboard account
- Android Devices should be enrolled with Scalefusion
Device Details & Actions
From the Devices section, click on View Details link over the Android Device.
This opens a new page displaying other details related to device. This page has been divided into following sections,
- Device Information Card: Gives a quick snapshot of the device information:
- Device Group Name: The device group name to which the device belongs
- Scalefusion Version: Scalefusion's version installed on device
- Access Wifi: The status of Wifi access, whether it's disabled or enabled. If you have assigned a specific SSID, it will be displayed.
- Battery Level: The current battery level of device
- Model & OS Version: Device's Model and Operating System
- IMEI Number: IMEI number of device
- EMM Managed: Whether the device is EMM Managed or not
- Enrollment Mode: The enrollment mode of device (Kiosk or BYOD)
- Exit Passcode: Device's exit passcode which brings the device out of Scalefusion. Click on the eye icon to see the passcode.
- Licence: Whether you are using the licenced or trial version of Scalefusion
- Settings/Gear icon: Clicking on the Settings/Gear icon on the device information card lets you perform following device level actions:
- Change Device Name: Allows you to change the device name that is used to identify the device on Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Full Device Information: Displays additional granular device information retrieved from the device.
- Unlock Device: Unlocks the device and brings it out of Scalefusion
- Refresh Device: Force attempts a Sync with the device and push latest policies. Note that this option works only if the device is connected to internet.
- Clear Scalefusion Browser Cache: This will clear the Browser Cache for Scalefusion Android Browser.
- Add Notes: Allows you add custom notes/additional information to this device.
- Send Message: Compose and send message on the device as a broadcast message. A dialog box comes up where you can compose the message and send it to the device.
- Add to Device Group: Add or Remove the device from a Device Group.
- Set custom properties: Set the values for the custom properties that you may have defined. Refer to our custom properties guide to understand how to use them.
- Lock Device: This sends a command to lock the device screen. This feature works only on EMM managed devices
- Reboot Device: Sends a reboot command to the device and the device is rebooted if it is online.
- Shutdown: Shuts down the device. This command works on wingman enabled and Lenovo devices.
- Reset Password: Reset Password will try to reset the password on the device to the given value. A reset password dialog box will appear where you can enter the new password. This feature may not work on all devices.
- Mark as Lost: You can mark the device as Lost. Clicking on the Mark as Lost option shows the following dialog. Here, you can compose a Message to be displayed on Lost Mode screen to the end user.Once a device is marked as lost, the device level actions such as Lock/Unlock will not be allowed. Notice the Unlock Device feature is disabled.
- This feature requires Scalefusion agent version 8.3.6 and above to work.
- The device should be EMM Managed
- The device should be online
- The lost mode feature can also be disabled. After marking the device as lost, notice that there is an option Mark as found. Click on it and the device will be in locked state again.
- Factory Reset: Use this option to initiate the factory reset on the device.
- Delete Device: Use this option to un-enroll/un-manage the device and delete it from Scalefusion Dashboard. Note that this action is irreversible.
- Device State View: This displays the current application policy applied on the device in a device frame and provides you information about the Device Profile and the Device Group that this device belongs to.
- Location View: Placed next to Device Information Card, the Location view gives a quick view of the last reported IP based location. Also you can quickly see the complete location history of the device or to turn ON/OFF the location collection for this device.