Set or Reset Password for Android Devices Remotely
Sometimes IT Admins may want to set or reset the password of a managed Android device. Scalefusion offers you a feature that lets you set the password of the device from Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Update Scalefusion Android client on your managed devices to v6.9.0 and above.
Follow the steps below to set or reset the password of a managed Android device,
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Navigate to the Devices page and click on the Device for which you want to reset the password.
- On the Device details screen, click on the Settings/Gear icon and select Reset Password
- On the Reset Password screen, enter a 4-digit password and click CONFIRMNOTE: On devices where you Reset Password from Dashboard, the Password Policy will not be enforced for as long as the Remove Password option is not used.
- This will send a command to the device and the device will attempt to reset the password. You can view the status of this on the Device Details page,
- PENDING: This indicates that the command is pending and will be applied when the device syncs with Dashboard again.
- SUCCESS: If Scalefusion client is able to change the password then the status is updated to success.
- FAILED: If Scalefusion client is not able to change the password then the status is updated to failed.
- To remove a password that was set earlier, you can use the Remove Password option from the Settings/Gear icon.The option to Remove Password will appear only if the password was set from Scalefusion Dashboard or a password policy was applied from Scalefusion.
If you still face any issues please contact at email@example.com or send your feedback on this article itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: We have tried to reset the password but the reset password status shows Failed?
Answer: This might be the case if Scalefusion agent is not able to change the password. This can happen if the user has already set a password directly on device. Scalefusion makes a best case to change the password using the APIs available and hence this feature may not work in some cases.
Question: We have applied a Password Policy but the end user is not shown a prompt to change password?
Answer: Once you set a password from Dashboard, Scalefusion agent overrides the password policy pushed from Dashboard. To apply the password policy please use Remove Password option.