Voice Messaging with Eva Messenger
Eva Messenger component provides Chat & Voice Call (VoIP) functionality between administrators and devices on field. The feature is available both on Android and iOS devices. The document will describe how voice messaging can be done with Eva Messenger, on both Android and iOS.
Before You Begin
- Eva Communication Suite should be enabled for your account.
- All the devices should be updated to Eva Client Android: v220.127.116.119 & iOS: v1.3.18
- Eva Client is setup on Devices
How to Send a Voice Message:
From Dashboard to device
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Eva Communication Suite -> Messenger OR click on the EVA button at the top of the dashboard
- A pop-up window will appear containing two tabs All Contacts and Active Chats. Click on All Contacts tab.
- All contacts/devices are listed on the left. Select the contact/device to which you want to send voice message. On selecting device, the right side of the window will display its chat view. At bottom right side of chat view, you will see a Mic icon.
- To record Voice Message, just click on the mic icon and start recording. The progress will be shown in the form of recording duration.
- Once voice message is recorded, click on the send icon on the right to send it. To cancel the ongoing voice message, click on the cancel button (cross icon on the left).
- The message will get sent to the device.
The sent and received Voice Messages will be displayed as below:
Grey color - indicates that the message is delivered
Blue color - indicates that message is seen by the recipient.
Green color - indicates that the voice message is heard by the recipient
Send Files from device to Dashboard
- On your device, open Eva App by clicking on it.
- In the Chats list, choose the contact to which you want to send the message and tap on it
- This will open the chat view. Tap on the Mic icon at the bottom right, next to the attachment icon and start recording.
- The progress will be shown in the form of recording duration.
- Once voice message is recorded, click on the send icon on the right to send it. To cancel the ongoing voice message, tap on the cancel button (cross icon on the left).
- The message will be sent to the dashboard under Eva Messenger.