Voice Messaging with Eva Messenger
Eva Messenger component provides Chat & Voice Call (VoIP) functionality between administrators and devices on field. In this document we will see how to initiate a chat & send a Voice Message from dashboard.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you have the Eva Communication Suite enabled for your account.
- All the devices have been updated to Eva Client v220.127.116.119
- Eva Client has been setup on Devices
How to Send a Voice Message:
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Navigate to Eva Communication Suite > Messenger OR click on the EVA button at the top of the dashboard, as shown below:
- You would see a pop-up window on the screen with 2 tabs as All Contacts and Active Chats. Click on the All Contacts tab.
- Select the contact/device that you want to chat with. On the right side of the window, you will see a chat view. At bottom of chat view, there is a text field followed by Mic icon.
- To record a Voice Message, click on the mic icon. It will start recording the Voice Message and the progress will be shown in the form of recording duration.
- To send the recorded Voice Message, just click on the send icon. To cancel the ongoing voice message, click on the cancel button (cross icon at left side).
- The sent and received Voice Messages will be displayed as below:
- For the sent Voice Message, the status will be indicated as below:
- Single tick indicates that Voice Message is delivered to server.
- Double tick (grey color) indicates that Voice Message is delivered to recipient side.
- Double tick (blue color) indicates that Voice Message is seen by the recipient.
- Double tick (green color) indicates that Voice Message is heard by the recipient.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Does this feature require the devices to be connected to the internet?
Answer: The internet is required on the dashboard side. On the device side, the message can be recorded without the internet. But the internet connection will be required to send the recorded message to the server.
Question: How do I know whether the Voice Message is delivered to recipient device & recipient has heard it.
Answer: This can be identified using the sent message status indicator. For more details about status indicator, please refer to the point 8.