Configure Wifi Network on Windows Devices
MobiLock's Wifi configuration feature helps you create a Wifi Network that can then be pushed to the devices, so that the Wifi network is automatically configured.
In this guide we will see how to create a Wifi configuration and then apply it to a Windows Device Profile.
Before you Begin
- Login to MobiLock Dashboard
- Have access to the Wifi network settings.
- Have access to one MobiLock managed Windows device.
Creating a Wifi Configuration
- Navigate to Utilities > Wifi Settings. This screen displays all the Wifi networks that you have created till now. Click on CREATE NEW to create a new Wifi configuration.
- The Wifi Configuration window is displayed with the following fields,
- Configuration Name: Enter a name for this configuration, to refer to it across Dashboard.
- SSID: Enter the SSID broadcast name for the Wifi.
- Hidden Network: Enable this if the network is hidden.
- Security Type: For Windows 10, MobiLock currently supports None, WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK.
- Password: If the security type is WEP OR WPA/WPA2 PSK, enter the password required to connect to this Wifi.
Once you have entered the relevant details, click on SUBMIT to save the configuration.
- Once the configuration is saved it will start appearing in the list of configurations.
Publishing a Wifi Configuration
- Navigate to Utilities > Wifi Configuration to see the list of configured Wifi networks.
- Click on the Publish icon and select the Device Profile(s). Once you have selected the Device Profile(s) click on SUBMIT