Setting up APNs in MobiLock Pro
To manage your iOS devices using MobiLock Pro, the first step is to upload an APNs certificate. This is required so that MobiLock Pro can remotely manage your iOS Devices. This process helps establishing a mutual trust between MobiLock Pro and your Apple Account.
Before you Start
- You would need an Apple Id - Preferably the corporate or organization id that can be used to login at https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/.
- You would need a MobiLock Pro Account.
- You would need an iOS Device - Preferably a Supervised device.
Please watch the video below to get a visual walkthrough.
This step involves 4 easy steps,
- Downloading a CSR (a file) from MobiLock.
- Upload the downloaded file to Apple Account.
- Download a pem file that Apple provides.
- Upload the pem file to MobiLock dashboard.
Follow the below steps to complete APNs setup,
- Login to your MobiLock Pro Dashboard account at https://mobilock.in.
- Navigate to “EMM > Apple”once you are logged into Dashboard.
- Here you would see 3 sections, APNs, DEP & VPP, with default focus on APNs. Stay on this tab.
- On the APNs tab enter your organization name and the Apple Id that you plan to use. Click NEXT.
- Click on DOWNLOAD CERTIFICATE SIGNING REQUEST button. This will download a CertificateSigningRequest.plist to your computer. Click NEXT.
- Click SIGN-IN TO APPLE PORTAL button. A new tab will be opened and redirect you to Apple Push certificate portal - https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/.
- On the Apple portal, Sign-In with the Apple credentials.
- Once you are successfully signed in, you would see a page with an button to Create a Certificate. Click on that button.
- You will be shown a Terms & Conditions page. Please Read and Accept the terms.
- You will be shown a new page, where you can enter some “Notes” and “Choose File”. Enter some notes so that you can identify that it is MobiLock Dashboard and click on Choose File and select the file that you downloaded in Step 5.
- Once you choose the file, the “Upload” button will get enabled. Click on Upload.
- Once the file is successfully uploaded, you should see a page with “Download” button. Click on Download button. This will download a file “MDM_ ProMobi Technologies Private Limited_Certificate.pem” to your computer.
- Now navigate back to MobiLock Pro Dashboard. You should be at the screen on Step 5. Click “NEXT”.
- In this final Step, either Drag and Drop the file that you downloaded at Step 12 or click on Browse Files and select the file that you downloaded in Step 12. Click “NEXT” to complete the Upload.