Enrollment Configurations for Company Owned Windows Devices
Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to enroll your Windows devices. By creating a configuration, you can choose the default Group or Profile and a naming convention for the devices that are enrolled using this configuration.
For each Kiosk/Corporate enrollment configuration, there is one unique URL generated which can be used on all the Windows devices that you want to enroll using this configuration. You can create as many enrollment configurations as you want depending upon the number of Device Profiles that you have.
Before you Begin
- Create a Windows Device Profile.
Create an Enrollment Configuration
Enrollment configurations are useful to create basic rules for enrollment like device naming convention, the default device profile or group of devices and a default license that should be applied. Once created you can get a QR Code for your enterprise mobile devices and a URL for Windows 10 devices. Follow the steps below to create a configuration,
- Navigate to Device Enrollment > QR Code. Click on CREATE.
- In Basic section, give a name for your configuration and select a naming convention for the devices that enroll using this configuration. Click NEXT to go to next step,Selecting Use OS Name as name prefix, prefixes the device names with their OS types. For example a Windows device will be prefixed with Windows- and an Android device will be prefixed with Android-
- In the Group/Profile section, under Windows Device Profile dropdown, select the windows profile that we created as a pre-requisite. Click NEXTYou can use the same configuration across Android, iOS and Windows devices.
- The License section helps you set a default license for the devices enrolled using this configuration. This is an optional section and can be left blank. If the selected licenses has no free slots or this option is left blank, then the next available license is used to enroll the device.
- Click on SAVE to create the configuration. Once a configuration is created it will appear in the list of enrollment configurations.
- To enroll your Windows 10 devices, you would need the enrollment URL. To get the enrollment URL, click on the configuration from the list, click the button “Show Enrollment URL” which opens a new box containing Enrollment URL. Here, click on Copy to copy the URL.
- Use the option from the action panel, to have the enrollment URL & steps sent to your registered email.
Once you have created enrollment configurations and have received the enrollment email, head over to our Enrolling a Company Owned Windows Device guide to learn how to enroll a device.