QR Code for Company Owned iOS Devices
QR Code or Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to enroll your iOS devices. By creating a QR Code configuration, you can choose the default Group or Profile and a naming convention for the devices that are enrolled using this QR Code.
Additionally, these Configurations also provide you with an URL that can be used with Apple Configurator 2 or directly on Safari on the iOS device.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Create an Apple Device Profile.
- Once you are logged into Dashboard, navigate to Device & User Enrollment > QR Code.
- Click on CREATE to open the QR Code configuration wizard.
- Under the Basic tab provide the following details, and click NEXT
- Configuration Name: A name for this configuration
- Enrollment Type: Choose Kiosk if you want to enroll Company owned devices.
- Device Naming Convention: Choose a naming convention that will be used to auto-generate device names when the devices are enrolled.
- In the Group/Profile tab select an iOS Profile or a Group with iOS Profile and click NEXT
- You can choose a License that will be applied when devices are enrolled using this QR Code. Click SAVE to save the configuration profile.
- Once the configuration is saved, it will appear in the list. A configuration has the following options,
- QR Code - That can be used to scan using the iOS Camera.
- Enrollment URL - That can be used with Apple Configurator 2.
- Download - This will download the configuration file. This is Not Applicable for iOS devices.
- Email - This will send an email to your account with QR Code and the details on how to set up.
- Edit - Helps you in editing the Configuration. Note that editing won’t impact the devices that are already enrolled.
- Deactivate - If you no longer wish to use this configuration or think it is compromised, then you can deactivate the config. Once Deactivated the configuration can be deleted.
- Rotate - If you think that the configuration is compromised, you can use this option. This will generate a new QR Code and URL. Note that the previous QR Code and URL will no longer be valid.
Now that you have created a QR Code to enroll company owned devices, follow our guide on How to Enroll Company Owned Devices.