Create a QR Code Configuration
QR Code or Device Enrolment Configurations are a quick and easy way to enrol your iOS devices. By creating a QR Code configuration, you can choose the default Group or Profile and a naming convention for the devices that are enrolled using this QR Code.
Additionally, these Configurations also provide you with an URL that can be used with Apple Configurator 2 or directly on Safari on the iOS device.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Create an Apple Device Profile.
Please watch the video for a visual walkthrough on how to create a QR Code configuration.
- Once you are logged into Dashboard, navigate to Bulk Enrolment > QR Code.
- Click on CREATE.
- This will open a Dialog where you need to do the following,
- Enter a Configuration Name
- Choose either a Device Group OR an Android Profile OR an Apple Profile
- Specify a Device Naming Convention that will be used to auto-generate device names.
- Enter a Configuration Name, choose the Apple Device Profile that we created an a naming conventions. Once you have entered the details in Step 3, click SAVE.
- Once the configuration is saved, it will appear in the list. A configuration has the following things,
- QR Code - That can be used to scan using the iOS Camera.
- Enrolment URL - That can be used with Apple Configurator 2.
- The additional actions on a Configuration are,
- Download - This will download the configuration file. This is Not Applicable for iOS devices.
- Email - This will send an email to your account with QR Code and the details on how to set up.
- Edit - Helps you in editing the Configuration. Note that editing won’t impact the devices that are already enrolled.
- Deactivate - If you no longer wish to use this configuration or think it is compromised, then you can deactivate the config.
- Rotate - If you think that the configuration is compromised, you can use this option. This will generate a new QR Code and URL. Note that the previous QR Code and URL will no longer be valid.