Scalefusion May 13th 2019 Release Notes 🙌
- Scalefusion Dashboard: v11.1.0
- Scalefusion Android Client: v6.1.2
- Choose a position of Notification Center Slider/Handle: On Android OS 8.0 and above devices, Scalefusion can block the default Notification center, however when in Kiosk Mode, Scalefusion cannot provide the default experience of dragging the Notification center from top. Hence we have provided 3 options from where the Notification center can be shown. To select,
- Navigate to Android Device Profile > Kiosk/Launcher Settings tab
- Select the position from Choose Notification Slider Type
- Right: Shows an arrow on the bottom right corner that can be dragged to show the Notification centre.
- Top: Shows an arrow on the top, below the system status bar that can be dragged to show the Notification centre.
- Bottom: Shows an arrow at the bottom, above the navigation buttons that can be dragged to show the Notification centre.
- Select a Notification Ringtone Type: On Android EMM devices, since the default Notification Center is disabled, the default notification sound for incoming notifications is not played. This is as per the Android EMM design. To workaround the problem, please select the following,
- Navigate to Android Utilities > Global Settings
- Select Play Sound for Incoming Notifications. From the list below, select an alert type,
- Notification: Scalefusion client attempts to play the default notification sound.
- Ringtone: Scalefusion client attempts to play the default ringtone sound.
- Alarm: Scalefusion client attempts to play the default alarm sound.
Note: This is a workaround and hence the mileage may differ from OEM to OEM. Please try on your target device to confirm the behavior.
- Check Screen size to detect Tablet form-factor: Use this option to enable screen-size based checks to determine if the device is a tablet or a phone. Quite useful when the default Android API does not work properly. To enable,
- Navigate to Android Device Profile > Restrictions > Display Settings
- Enable Check Screen size to detect Tablet form-factor
- Improvements in Recent Applications Switcher: If Notification Center is enabled and users are allowed to View and Switch between Recent Apps, then in the custom App-Switcher view, users can now see the names of the applications. Also stopping the applications from the App-Switcher view, launches the application from root activity.
Note: Please test the upgrade on a select group of devices before full and final rollout on all the devices.
- Engineering: Himmat, Jyoti, Lalit
- QA: Tushar