Creating tickets in Remote Cast feature is more diversified as Scalefusion now offers integration with Jira as well, along with Freshservice. As you cast the device screen, record the video or take a snapshot, you can raise its support ticket via Jira also. We add the device specific information to the ticket that is useful in giving the complete context to the IT Team. Once a ticket is created, it will be reflected in the Jira system for further action.
In this document we will learn how to integrate Jira with Scalefusion Dashboard and then create a support ticket.
Before You Begin
- You should have a valid/active Jira account with details of your organization, Jira Domain name and Developer API Key.
- You should have a valid/active Scalefusion account with access to Remote Cast.
Setup/Activate Jira Integration
The first step is to setup/activate Jira integration, that will authenticate Scalefusion to use Jira APIs that are needed to create support tickets. Follow the steps below to perform this one-time step before you start using integration features.
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard and navigate to Utilities > Integrations
- On the Jira card, click on the ACTIVATE button to launch the integration wizard.
- Enter the following information in the integration wizard, and click on AUTHENTICATE to complete the setup
- Domain Name: The domain name provided by Jira for your organization.
- API Key: The API Key provided by Jira that can be used for third-party integrations.
- Email Id: Email id of the user who has access to the Jira system (mainly to create tickets in Jira). The Jira tickets, created through Scalefusion Dashboard, will display the username of the user whose email id is mentioned in this field.
- Once the API key is authenticated, the activation is complete and the Jira card is updated.
- DE-ACTIVATE: At any point of time, if you wish to deactivate Jira integration, click on DE-ACTIVATE button on Jira card (shown above).
Once the setup is done, you can start creating tickets. The steps below guide you on how to create a ticket.
- Navigate to Remote Cast & Control section. Choose a device and click on Start Session. This will open the Remote Cast screen.
- Click on Start Session to start the remote cast session. You can record a video or take screenshots during the session. These can be used later in the support ticket.
- Once the session is done, click on the CREATE TICKET drop-down and select Jira.If both Freshservice and Jira are integrated, Create ticket button will have a drop-down from where you can choose to create ticket either via Freshservice or Jira. If not, clicking on this button will redirect you to the respective wizard (whichever service is integrated) where you need to enter ticket details.
- The following wizard will open (on selecting Jira)
- Fill the fields in the form like Subject, Body etc. The fields will be displayed based on the fields configured on Jira system.
- From the left side panel, customize the device information that is added along with the support ticket by selecting/deselecting the checkboxes.
- Configure additional email ids with the ticket. Timely updates on the status of the ticket are being sent on these email ids.
- You can also choose to upload session's recording or screenshot of the issue, taken during the Remote Cast.
- Once you have filled in all the details in the wizard, click on GENERATE button
- On successful creation of ticket a success message is displayed and the wizard gets closed.
- Fill the fields in the form like Subject, Body etc.
All the newly created tickets from Scalefusion dashboard are visible in Jira. To see these tickets, just login to your Jira account and go to Jira Dashboard. All the tickets including the ones created from Scalefusion dashboard are shown. This is how a support ticket logged from Scalefusion looks like.
If you have any questions or are facing issues while using this feature, reach out to us at email@example.com.