Step 2 : Create an Apple Device Profile
A Device Profile is a MobiLock Pro entity, that helps you group the common set of Policies that you want to apply to your device. This is a mandatory requirement for iOS Devices and you need to have at-least one profile.
In this tutorial we see how to create a basic Apple Device Profile. We will be covering the advanced topics in other sections.
Before you Start
- Make sure you completed APNs upload part as per Setting Up APNs.
- You are logged into MobiLock Pro Dashboard.
Please watch the video below to get a visual walkthrough.
- Once logged in to the MobiLock Dashboard, navigate to Device Management > Device Profiles.
- Click on CREATE A NEW PROFILE.
- Choose Apple in the dialog that appears.
- Give a name for your Profile. Click on SUBMIT.
- You will be shown a page with the various Policies that can be applied. The UI is divided into 4 sections,
- App Selection - Whitelist or Blacklist the Applications.
- Whitelist Websites - Choose the websites that will be allowed on device.
- Branding - Choose a branding to go with your devices and choose a Home Screen Layout.
- Restrictions - A collection of frequently used restrictions that can be applied to your devices. Please note that this list is limited in the first version and we will be adding all the options.
- The first section is about Application Whitelisting or Blacklisting. This setting will work only on Supervised devices.
- We have pre-populated a set of commonly found applications across iOS devices.You can either choose to Whitelist some applications or Blacklist some applications.
- Once you have chosen the Applications, click NEXT.
- This section is about Whitelisting Websites. Please refer to our tutorial on How to Whitelist Websites to get an understanding on this. For now please click NEXT.
- This section is about Branding and ordering Home Screen on the devices. Please refer to our tutorial on How to set Branding to get an understanding on this.For now please click NEXT.
- The last section is the Restrictions section. In this section you can control various settings. The various features are elaborated in our other tutorials, for now click CREATE PROFILE.
- Once the Profile is created it will be listed in your Device Profiles section.