Windows Devices Inventory
Scalefusion Devices section gives you a complete view of your device inventory across operating system including Windows. As and when a new device successfully enrolls in Scalefusion, the device will start appearing in Scalefusion Dashboard. This guide focusses on familiarizing you with the Scalefusion Device inventory view and the various features available.
Before you Begin
- Make sure you have enrolled at-least one device using our enrollment guide.
- Logged into Scalefusion Dashboard.
Scalefusion Devices View
- Once you login to Dashboard, you will be by default taken to the Devices view. In this page you would see all the devices that have enrolled till now.You can switch between List view or Grid view using icon at the top of the page
- By default, Scalefusion displays some critical information about the device like,
- Management state: The following table shows the various states,
- Device Name: The name of the device.
- Device Group: The Device Group that this device is associated with currently.
- Last Seen: This indicates the last time Dashboard was able to successfully connect and sync with the device.
- Battery: Shows the current battery and charging status.
- IMEI Number: N/A to Windows 10 devices.
- Clicking on the Device name of a particular device takes you to the Device Details Page. This page has been divided into 3 sections,
You can use the SYNC DEVICE APPS option in the Device State view to sync the new applications that might have been installed post the enrollment.
- Device Information Card: Gives a quick snapshot of the device information.
- Location View: Give a quick view of the last reported location. Also you can quickly see the complete location history of the device or to turn ON/OFF the location collection for this device.
- Device State View: This displays the current application policy applied on the device in a device frame and provides you information about the Device Profile and the Device Group that this device belongs to.
- Clicking on the Settings icon as shown below lets you access additional device related information and perform device level actions.
- Change Device Name: Edit the device name that is displayed in device information card and devices list view.
- Full Device Information: Displays granular device information.
- Refresh Policy: Force attempt a Sync with the device and push latest policies. Note that this option works only if the device is connected to internet.
- Add Notes: Add additional notes for the device.
- Add/Remove to Group: Quick option to add or remove the device from a Device Group.
- Restart PC: Send a push to the device to restart the PC. Once the push is sent the device will restart in 5 minutes, giving users enough time to save their work. Note that this option works only if the device is connected to internet.
- Factory Reset: Send a push to factory reset the device. Note that this option works only if the device is connected to internet.
- Delete Device: Send a push to the device to unenroll from Scalefusion and delete the device from Dashboard. Note that this option works only if the device is connected to internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: We don't see the devices on Dashboard although they are successfully enrolled?
Answer: Ideally this should not happen except for the case that your trial period or license(s) have expired. If you have a valid trial and/or license, please contact support with the device details.
Question: There is a mismatch between the actual hard drive size and the internal space that is displayed in Full Device Information. For example the device has a 500GB hard drive, but Internal Space displays only 120GB?
Answer: Scalefusion can collect only the size of C drive (primary partition). If the device has multiple partitions then this information will not match the overall hard drive size.
Question: We have not installed any Firewall, Antivirus OR AntiSpyware, but why does Full Device Information show it as On & Monitoring or Good?
Answer: Windows 10 OS comes pre-loaded with Windows Defender which provides with a default firewall and security against viruses and spyware. Scalefusion displays the state of Windows Defender against these values.
Question: Is it possible to restart multiple devices at once?
Answer: Yes. Please use Device Groups to group the devices. You can send a restart command to all the devices in a group.