Android Enterprise (Android for Work) setup using Gmail
If you are not an organization then Android Enterprise Setup can be done using Gmail. This document describes in detail how to register with Gmail.
Before You Begin
- Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard
- You will need one Gmail id (a non GSuite). We suggest creating a new Gmail id/account for setting up Android Enterprise(Android for Work).
Steps to Register
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard and navigate to Getting Started > Android Enterprise Setup.
- Click REGISTER WITH GMAIL
- You will be redirected to Google Play page. On the Google Play page, click SIGN IN. Use the GMail id and complete the sign-in process.
If you are already signed with your own gmail id, sign out and sign in with the corporate gmail id.
- Once you are signed-in, you will be redirected to a page with an option of GET STARTED. Click on GET STARTED.
- Enter your organisation/company name and click Next
- In this step, fill in the DPO and EU representative details as applicable. If you do not have DPO details or these are not applicable for your organisation, select I have read and agree to the Managed Google Play agreement and click Confirm
- The following screen confirms that the registration/enrollment is complete. Click Complete Registration to navigate back to Scalefusion portal.
- Post successful setup you will be navigated back to Scalefusion and you will see the following screen. The Gmail account that you used for enrolling along with Google assigned Enterprise ID will be displayed here.
This completes the Android Enterprise Setup using Gmail. Now you are ready to start using Scalefusion to manage your corporate and employee owned devices. Refer to our Company Owned Device Management guide or Employee Owned Device Management guide for further steps.
Unenroll and delete the Android Enterprise Setup
You can unenroll and remove the Android Enterprise Setup anytime. To do so, follow these steps:
- Login to https://play.google.com/work with the same Gmail credentials that were used for registering into Android Enterprise Setup.
- Click on Admin Settings on the left panel.
- In Organization Information, click on 3 dots menu and on Delete Organization under it.
- A confirmation box will come up. Confirm the action by clicking on Delete
- Now login to Scalefusion Dashboard and navigate to Getting Started > Android Enterprise Setup. Here, click on UnEnroll Enterprise.
- You will be asked to enter your Scalefusion Dashboard login password to confirm. Enter the password and click SUBMIT
- You will see a message No enterprise was found for the given id. This is because the organization has been deleted. Refresh the page.
- On refreshing, the Delete Button will appear. Click the Delete button.
- On the confirmation box, click Ok.
You will again be shown with the default page to setup the Android Enterprise using Gmail or GSuite. This completes the unenrollment and deletes the Android Enterprise Setup from your account.