- Re-Enrollment Settings
- Enrollment Rules for Company Owned Devices
- Application Management Settings
- SMS Service Provider Settings
In this Global Settings section you can configure general settings across various platforms. They are described below.
Enroll Devices to their last Group/Profile when applicable
Platforms: This setting is configurable for Android, Mac and iOS devices
To access, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings > General Settings > Re-Enrollment Settings
By default it is toggled OFF. When enabled, it applies the last group or profile that was set on the device, after it is re-enrolled without being deleted from Dashboard. This is useful when the device is:
- Factory reset, or
- Re-enrolled via Zero-touch or DEP, or
- If the user locally removed the MDM profile or re-enrolled the device on macOS.
Disabling this applies the Group/Profile basing on the QR/Device configuration used at the time of enrollment.
Simply toggle on the setting and click Save settings to enable it.
Enrollment Rules for Company Owned Devices
With enrollment rules, the admins can restrict the enrollment of company owned devices to few by configuring certain checks. The devices that meet these configured rules, get enrolled to Scalefusion and the ones that do not, remain unenrolled. With this they can prevent enrollments from unauthorized devices.
In brief, following rules can be applied for enrollment of devices
- For specified IMEIs/Serial Number
- For specified make / models
How to Access
- On Scalefusion Dashboard, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings.
- Under General Settings you will find the rules under the heading Enrollment Rules for Company Owned Devices
Allow Enrollment only from uploaded IMEI/Serial# list
With having this setting enabled, the enrollment of those devices are allowed which are uploaded in the IMEI/Serial# enrollment section. If this setting is enabled but no IMEI/Serial is uploaded then enrollment from all devices will be allowed.
Platforms: This rule can be applied for Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows devices
How does it Work?
- Toggle on the setting Allow Enrollment only from uploaded IMEI/Serial# list
- This enables following settings, viz
- Use the IMEI/Serial# list for Android Devices: Picks up the IMEI or Serial# of Android devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Use the IMEI/Serial# list for iOS/macOS Devices: Picks up the IMEI or Serial# of iOS and Mac devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Use the Serial# list for Windows Devices: Picks up the Serial# of Windows devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Toggle On the platforms for which you want to apply this rule
- Click Save settings at the bottom
- Enable the setting Use the IMEI/Serial# list for Android Devices and Save it.
- From the Android device, scan the QR code. The setting Apply Enrollment Rule should be applied in that QR Code configuration
- Now the IMEI/Serial# uploaded under IMEI/Serial# Enrollment will be checked and the device will get enrolled accordingly. The verification will be performed irrespective of what enrollment method you are adopting (6-taps etc.)
- If the IMEI doesn't match, the following message will get displayed on the device
Allow Enrollment from configured Make/Models only
This setting allows enrollments of the specified make and model of devices.
Platforms: This rule can be applied for Android and Windows devices
How does it Work?
- Toggle on the setting Allow Enrollment from configured Make/Models only
- Click on the button Add Make/Model
- This adds a row underneath the table where you need to configure (enter) following:
- OS: Select OS from the drop-down (Android or Windows)
- Make: Enter the make of device like Lenovo, Samsung etc.
- Model: Enter the model of the device For eg. SM-A920F
- To add more rows for entering device details, click on the button Add Make/Model again
- After configuring settings, click Save Settings at the bottom
- At the time of enrollment the models specified will be verified and those devices will get enrolled. The setting Apply Enrollment Rule should be applied in that QR Code configuration.
- If the make or model doesn't match as per the rule, the following message will get displayed on the device
Application Management Settings
- To access, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings > General Settings
- Scroll down. You will find them under Application Management Settings
Auto-Publish latest version of applications when an app is enabled in device profile
Enabling this setting will automatically publish the latest version of the application (when enabled in device profile) available in Enterprise store or Play for Work app section.
- To have the latest version auto-published, please ensure that the app is also enabled under Device Profile > Select Apps
- This setting works on Android and iOS platforms
- For users who are on non-Enterprise plan, this setting will be enabled by default. But they can disable it only if they upgrade their plan.
If this setting is disabled, the application will not auto-publish and you will have to explicitly go and publish the required version from Application Management section manually.
Enable apps to be published to Groups with a profile
This setting provides ability to publish/unpublish apps to Groups with and without device profiles.
- Enable this setting to see all the device groups when publishing an app. That is, once you toggle on this setting and go to publish an app, all the groups with or without a device profile will be displayed.
- Device Profiles will only show profiles that are not associated with any group. Here, published version displays the version of the app which is published to that device profile
- If an app is published to the group and profile then the version published to group is given precedence.
- With this setting, you can publish different versions of same app on one single profile. Hence, admin can publish different or same version of apps to the profile and group.
- This setting applies to Enterprise apps, Device and User Groups for all platforms.
- They also apply to Scalefusion Apps for Windows, macOS and Android platforms.
SMS Service Provider Settings
For BYOD devices enrollment, the IT admins also get the option to send OTP over SMS, along with email. For that you need to configure these settings:
- Toggle this setting to On. Only then the rest of the settings will get enabled.
- Configure SMS Provider that can be used to send OTPs for BYOD enrollments.
- Now configure the following:
Account SID, Auth Token and Twilio Phone Number can be obtained from Twilio's Developer Portal . You should have an account created on Twilio.
- Choose Provider: Choose a service provider from the drop-down. Currently we support Twilio.
- Account SID
- Auth token
- Twilio Phone number
- Click Save Settings
- Once settings are configured, the phone number (with country code) that you enter while adding a user for user enrollment, will send the OTP over SMS on that phone number.