In this Global Settings section you can configure various Enrollment Related settings. They are described below.
Enroll Devices to their last Group/Profile when applicable
Platforms: This setting is configurable for Android, Mac and iOS devices
To access, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings > Enrollment Settings
By default it is toggled OFF. When enabled, it applies the last group or profile that was set on the device, after it is re-enrolled without being deleted from Dashboard. This is useful when the device is:
- Factory reset, or
- Re-enrolled via Zero-touch or DEP, or
- If the user locally removed the MDM profile or re-enrolled the device on macOS.
Disabling this applies the Group/Profile basing on the QR/Device configuration used at the time of enrollment.
Simply toggle on the setting and click Save settings to enable it.
Enrollment Rules for Company Owned Devices
With enrollment rules, the admins can restrict the enrollment of company owned devices to few by configuring certain checks. The devices that meet these configured rules, get enrolled to Scalefusion and the ones that do not, remain unenrolled. With this they can prevent enrollments from unauthorized devices.
In brief, following rules can be applied for enrollment of devices
- For specified IMEIs/Serial Number
- For specified make / models
How to Access
- On Scalefusion Dashboard, navigate to Utilities > Global Settings.
- Under Enrollment Settings you will find the rules under the heading Enrollment Rules for Company Owned Devices
Allow Enrollment only from uploaded IMEI/Serial# list
With having this setting enabled, the enrollment of those devices are allowed which are uploaded in the IMEI/Serial# enrollment section. If this setting is enabled but no IMEI/Serial is uploaded then enrollment from all devices will be allowed.
Platforms: This rule can be applied for Android, iOS, MacOS and Windows devices
How does it Work?
- Toggle on the setting Allow Enrollment only from uploaded IMEI/Serial# list
- This enables following settings, viz
- Use the IMEI/Serial# list for Android Devices: Picks up the IMEI or Serial# of Android devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Use the IMEI/Serial# list for iOS/macOS Devices: Picks up the IMEI or Serial# of iOS and Mac devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Use the Serial# list for Windows Devices: Picks up the Serial# of Windows devices uploaded under IMEI / Serial # Enrollment and enrolls only those devices.
- Toggle On the platforms for which you want to apply this rule
- Click Save settings at the bottom
- Enable the setting Use the IMEI/Serial# list for Android Devices and Save it.
- From the Android device, scan the QR code. The setting Apply Enrollment Rule should be applied in that QR Code configuration
- Now the IMEI/Serial# uploaded under IMEI/Serial# Enrollment will be checked and the device will get enrolled accordingly. The verification will be performed irrespective of what enrollment method you are adopting (6-taps etc.)
- If the IMEI doesn't match, the following message will get displayed on the device
Allow Enrollment from configured Make/Models only
This setting allows enrollments of the specified make and model of devices.
Platforms: This rule can be applied for Android and Windows devices
How does it Work?
- Toggle on the setting Allow Enrollment from configured Make/Models only
- Click on the button Add Make/Model
- This adds a row underneath the table where you need to configure (enter) following:
- OS: Select OS from the drop-down (Android or Windows)
- Make: Enter the make of device like Lenovo, Samsung etc.
- Model: Enter the model of the device For eg. SM-A920F
- To add more rows for entering device details, click on the button Add Make/Model again
- After configuring settings, click Save Settings at the bottom
- At the time of enrollment the models specified will be verified and those devices will get enrolled. The setting Apply Enrollment Rule should be applied in that QR Code configuration.
- If the make or model doesn't match as per the rule, the following message will get displayed on the device