Enrollment Configuration for Employee Owned (BYOD) Windows device
QR Code or Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to invite your users to enroll their personal devices. This lets you create multiple configurations with different Device Profiles for various departments in your organization and easily invite and track enrollments.
Before you Begin
- Login to ScaleFusion Dashboard.
- Make sure you completed Organization Info step.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Windows Device Profile.
- Make sure that you have added Users that you want to Invite.
Step 1 - Creating a QR Code Configuration
- Once you are logged into Dashboard, navigate to Enrollment Configurations > QR Code Configurations.
- Click on Create Config to open the QR Code configuration wizard.
- Under the Basic tab provide the following details, and click NEXT
- Configuration Name: A name for this configuration
- Enrollment Type: Choose Personal (BYOD) if you want to invite users.
- Device Naming Convention: Choose a naming convention that will be used to auto-generate device names when the devices are enrolled.
- In the Group/Profile tab select User Groups or Windows Device Profile and click NEXT
- The Optional Settings section helps you set a default license for the devices enrolled using this configuration. This is an optional section and can be left blank. If the selected licenses has no free slots or this option is left blank, then the next available license is used to enroll the device.Enrollment Network Settings are configured to speeden up the enrollment process when you are enrolling via 6-times tap and scan a QR.
- Once the configuration is saved, it will appear in the list. A configuration when expanded has the following options,
- Invite Users: Use this option to start inviting users that can enroll their devices.
- Edit: Helps you in editing the Configuration. Note that editing won’t impact the devices that are already enrolled.
- Deactivate: If you no longer wish to use this configuration or think it is compromised, then you can deactivate the config. Once Deactivated the configuration can be deleted.
Step 2 - Invite Users to Enroll their Devices
Now that you have created a configuration, let us go ahead and invite users to enroll their devices.
- Expand the QR Code and click on Invite Users to open the user invite wizard.
- The first section in User Invite wizard is to Configure Email. Use this section to configure the content of the email that users will receive. Once you have configured the email content, click NEXT
Select the Windows OS (10 & above and/or Windows 7&8) and the enrollment information with steps will be sent based on the OS you have selected.Windows OS 7 and 8.1 can be enrolled by downloading Scalefusion MDM agent. Please visit here to learn the process of Agent Based Enrollment.
- The next section is to Select Users where you can select the users to whom the enrollment email should be sent. Click SEND once you have selected the users.
- If the email addresses are valid the users will get an email as shown below,
Now that you have invited the user to enroll their devices, please refer to How to Enroll User/Employee Owned Devices to enroll a device.