Enrollment Configuration for Employee Owned (BYOD) Windows 10 device
QR Code or Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to invite your users to enroll their personal devices. This lets you create multiple configurations with different Device Profiles for various departments in your organization and easily invite and track enrollments.
Before you Begin
- Login to ScaleFusion Dashboard.
- Make sure you completed Organization Info step.
- Make sure you have at-least one Device Profile as per Windows Device Profile.
- Make sure that you have added Users that you want to Invite.
Step 1 - Creating a QR Code Configuration
- Once you are logged into Dashboard, navigate to Device & User Enrollment > QR Code.
- Click on CREATE to open the QR Code configuration wizard.
- Under the Basic tab provide the following details, and click NEXT
- Configuration Name: A name for this configuration
- Enrollment Type: Choose Personal (BYOD) if you want to invite users.
- Device Naming Convention: Choose a naming convention that will be used to auto-generate device names when the devices are enrolled.
- In the Group/Profile tab select User Groups or Windows Device Profile and click NEXT
- You can choose a License that will be applied when devices are enrolled using this QR Code. Click SAVE to save the configuration profile.
- Once the configuration is saved, it will appear in the list. A configuration when expanded has the following options,
- Invite Users: Use this option to start inviting users that can enroll their devices.
- Email: Use this option to start inviting users that can enroll their devices.
- Edit: Helps you in editing the Configuration. Note that editing won’t impact the devices that are already enrolled.
- Deactivate: If you no longer wish to use this configuration or think it is compromised, then you can deactivate the config. Once Deactivated the configuration can be deleted.
Step 2 - Invite Users to Enroll their Devices
Now that you have created a configuration, let us go ahead and invite users to enroll their devices.
- Expand the QR Code and click on Invite Users to open the user invite wizard.
- The first section in User Invite wizard is to Configure Email. Use this section to configure the content of the email that users will receive. Once you have configured the email content, click NEXT
- The next section is to Select Users where you can select the users to whom the enrollment email should be sent. Click SEND once you have selected the users.
- If the email addresses are valid the users will get an email as shown below,
Now that you have invited the user to enroll their devices, please refer to How to Enroll User/Employee Owned Devices to enroll a device.