Branding for Android Devices
Organizations prefer to enforce a particular branding through out the enterprise devices. Once your Android devices are enrolled to Scalefusion, you can use the Branding option to upload your wallpapers and then apply to the devices. In this document we will see how to create & apply a Branding configuration.
Before You Begin
- Login to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Device should be enrolled with Scalefusion
- Have couple of wallpaper images and logos stored on your local computer.
Create a Branding
- Navigate to Device Profiles & Policies > Branding. Click on CREATE NEW BRAND.
- Enter a name for your Branding so that you can refer to it when required
Set as Default Brand: If you toggle this On, then this brand will be set as default brand on all the enrolled devices.
- Next, move to Android tab. There are two sections divided into which the brand settings can be configured, viz Basic and AdvancedThe settings you configure here are visible on the sample device on the left giving a preview of how it will reflect on the device.
Top Bar Color
Use this to select a color for the top bar on device. To select a color, click on the link Change which displays all the colors. Choose the one that you want to apply on the top bar.
Logo and Wallpaper
From here you can do the following:
- Upload Brand Logo: Maximum size should be 192 * 192
- Upload Lock Screen Logo: The logo that should appear when the device screen is locked.
- Upload Wallpaper: Choose and upload wallpaper for the device
Click on Upload and select logo and wallpaper from your local computer
Show Device Name
Toggle this to ON if you want the device name to be shown over the device
Use Native Status Bar
Toggle on this setting to show the status bar of your device
Choose the size of the app icons from the following:
- 1x (selected by default)
App Icon Text Color
Choose the color of text that is written on each app icon
App Icon Label Color
Select the color of label for the app icon
App Icon Label Transparency
Set the transparency level of the app icon label. By default it is set to 80
Hide App Label
Hides the app labels (the names with which app icons are identified)
Hide App Label Shadow
Hides the shadow over the app labels
Browser Shortcut Branding
Toggle this ON if you want Scalefusion's default branding on browser shortcuts
Transparent Top Bar
Use this setting to hide the top bar which also hides the device name
App icons per Row
Allows you to select the number of icons that should be displayed in a row. You can choose from the following modes:
- Landscape: Select the number of icons displayed in a row when the device is in landscape mode. This is applicable only on Tablets. You can select minimum 2 and maximum 6.
- Portrait: Select the number of icons displayed in a row when the device is in Portrait mode. A minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 can be selected.
Boot and Shutdown Animation
Here, you can upload the animation files that will run when your device boots up or is being shutdown. The animations on boot and shutdown work only on Lenovo devices. The files that you upload should be in zip format.Boot and Shutdown animation feature is available only to users subscribed on Enterprise Plan
- Once you have reviewed your changes, click on SAVE BRAND button to save the brand. Once the brand is saved it will start appearing in the list of brands.
Publishing/Applying a Branding
- The next step is to apply the newly created brand to your devices. To do so click on Apply Brand option on the branding card,
- From the list, select the device profile(s) / Device(s) where you want to publish this brand. Once you have selected the profiles, click on APPLY.
- The Brand will get applied on the device.
a. Navigate to Device Profiles & Policies > Device Profiles.
b. Select the Android device profile and edit it.
c. Go to Select Brand / App Order which displays all the brands created.
d. Here you can select the brand and save the profile.
Following actions can be performed over the Brands from Dashboard:
From the Branding card
- Set as Default Brand
- Search and Filter Brands: Search by typing in Brand name which will filter the brands
- Change view: By default the brands are shown in comfortable view and can be changed to Compact view by clicking on the three vertical dots on the top right next to Create New Brand button