As more and more companies and customers are moving towards working online and allowing employees to work over internet, there is a need for tracking SSID, connectivity, online/offline duration of the devices employees use.
Also there are customers whose devices are deployed remotely and they want to monitor devices connectivity in order to give services without any break. To fulfill these objectives there is Connectivity History report. It is a historical report which provides online, offline duration and other details of devices over WiFi network.
This document explains how Connectivity history reports are generated.
Who can access
Connectivity History report will be accessible to those who have subscribed to Legacy Enterprise or Enterprise Plan.
The Report is available for Android and Windows platforms.
How to access
- Sign in to Scalefusion Dashboard
- Navigate to Reports & Workflows > Reports or click on Reports icon on the top bar
- Click on Connectivity Report
- Select Filters to configure your report:
Select Wifi History
Select Device Group
Lists Device Groups and Sub-Groups. Select a device group/sub-group.
Select OS Type
Lists OS types viz., Android, Windows. Select an OS type.
Lists all the enrolled devices. If a Group is selected, then it lists only the devices which are part of that group. Select a device.
If list of devices is long, you can even search devices by name, IMEI number, serial number etc.
Lists all Wifi connections that have been configured on devices. Select the SSID for which you want to see the report.
Select Date Range
Select the Date Range for which you want to check the usage.
By default, the start Date is 30 days from current date.
Show SSID Summary
If enabled, it gives a summary of all SSIDs like no. of devices connected with each SSID, average signal strength.
If a device is selected in filters, then Show SSID Summary is not available
By default it is set to OFF.
- After selecting filters, click on Show Report
Based on selected filters, the report gets generated with the following details:
- Device Name: Name of the enrolled device
- Most Used SSID: The Wifi Connection (SSID) that has been used mostly on that device during the selected date range
- Total Connected Duration: Total duration for which the device was connected during the selected date range.
- Total Offline Duration: Total duration for which the device was offline
- Average Signal Strength: Shows visually how the average signal strength has been as Excellent, Good, Fair, or Weak
- See Details: Clicking on this opens a new dialog box showing graphically, the device's wifi usage:
- Device Connectivity: Displays Device's connected and disconnected duration graph for all SSIDs or as per selected SSID
- Weekly Cohort: Shows Device's average online and offline duration per week day
- Signal Strength: Shows signal strength of the SSID of the device
- Show SSID Summary: If this checkbox is enabled, following details get displayed related to SSID:
- SSID Name
- Total Devices Connected
- Average Signal Strength
- Download - The report gets downloaded in CSV format on clicking Download Report button. The report covers information under following heads:
- Device Name,
- Device Group,
- Serial Number,
- Most used SSID,
- Total connected duration,
- Total offline duration,
- Avg Signal Strength
- Reset Filters - The filters selected can be cleared and re-selected. The Reset button clears all filters.