Admins and Roles
With Admins and Roles section on Dashboard you can create new administrators and manage them, create and manage custom roles, configure password policy, configure SAML sign in
In Scalefusion dashboard you can view and manage all your account administrators and their roles. This can be done through Admins and Roles section.
This document describes all about Admins and Roles section.
Before You Begin
- Have a Scalefusion dashboard account
- The admin should be in the role of Owner or Co-Account Manager
How to Access
Click on your account profile in the upper right corner. There are two ways to access Admins and Roles:
- View and Edit Profile
Click on View and Edit Profile. This will open your Account profile page. Admins and Roles button is present on the top right of this page.
- Admins and Roles
Clicking on this directly opens the Admins and Roles page.
Sections under Admins and Roles
Following are the main sections on this page:
- Roles & Permissions
- Sign In Settings
You can add new Administrators and manage existing ones. To add a new admin:
- Click on the Add New Admin button in the upper right corner.
- Add Admin window will appear. Enter the details and select the role (to be assigned to this administrator) from the drop-down list.System Roles and Custom Roles will be listed in Role drop-down
- Click Submit
- You will receive an activation email on the email id entered above, to activate. Click on the Activate Your Account And Log in button in your email. Your newly created admin will appear in the Account Profile.
Roles & Permissions
There are two categories of roles:
- System Roles: Scalefusion has some pre-defined roles for users which they can assign while creating administrator(s). They are as follows:
Group admin can see the devices only for the device groups he/she is assigned
Device admin can see all the devices present in the account
Co-Account Manager has access to all features similar to owner
- Custom Roles: You can also create your own custom role, enable/disable permissions as per requirement and assign this role to administrators. To create a custom role:
- Under the Admin and Roles page, click on the Roles & Permissions tab.
- Click on Create New under Custom Roles.
- A new page will open. Fill the following details:
Role Name: Enter a name for this role
Creating Role: Choose one, whether you want to create role for All Devices or for Device Groups
Permissions: There are three categories to set permissions:
- Visibility: Toggle this button to on/off based on whether a particular feature should be visible on the dashboard.
- All Access: This provides both read and write permissions to the admin.
- Read Only: This provides read-only permission to the admin.Any feature can either be assigned with All Access or Read Only
- Once all the permissions are set, click on the Save Role button.
- The custom role created will appear on Roles & Permissions page.
Assign a custom role to admin
If you want to assign a custom role to an admin:
- Visit Administrators page and click on the three dots in front of an existing admin. Select Edit.
- This will open the Edit Admin User window. Here, in the Role drop-down, select a role and Submit
- The custom role with all the permissions defined in it, will be assigned to this admin.
In this section, you can do the following:
Enable 2-step verification
If enabled, it adds extra layer of security when you and admins login to dashboard. After password verification, a verification code is sent as a second step which when entered authenticates and lets the admins log in to dashboard. To activate this,
- Toggle on the setting Enable 2-step verification.
- There are two options. Choose any one:
- Email: A unique verification code will be sent to the e-mail post verification of password.
- Google Authenticator: Users need to install Google Authenticator application and enter the Unique verification code displayed in the app, at the time of login.
- Click Save after selecting one of the above options.
Password Policy and Session Timeout
Configure password policy for your account as well as for other admin accounts to secure dashboard access.
- To configure, toggle on Password Policy & Session Timeout setting. This will activate the settings to be configured
The policy is not applicable on users who sign in via SAML, GSuite or O365 account
- Following are the settings
Minimum Password Length
Select from the drop-down what should be the minimum length of the password. By default it is set to 8. It can be set till 15.
Minimum Number of Digits
Select the minimum no. of numeric digits that should be there in the password. By default it is None. You can either select 1 or 2
Minimum Number of Alphabets
Select the minimum no. of characters that should be there in the password. By default it is None. You can either select 1 or 2
Minimum Number of Lower case Alphabets
Select the minimum no. of alphabets in lower case that should be there in the password. By default it is None. You can either select 1 or 2
Minimum Number of Upper case Alphabets
Select the minimum no. of alphabets in upper case that should be there in the password. By default it is None. You can either select 1 or 2
Minimum Number of Symbols
Select the minimum no. of symbols that should be there in the password. By default it is None. You can either select 1 or 2
Password Expiry Period
Select a time period after which the password expires and user is forced to set a new password. Following are the options:
Maximum Password History List
Select the number of historical passwords that the user cannot use while setting a new password. Following are the options:
Enable Automatic Session Timeout
Specify duration after which the user will be automatically logged out. To do so,
Enter duration: This takes values between 1-1440 and select one unit of time out of minutes, hours or days
- Click Save after configuring policy.
- You will be asked to enter your current login password. Enter password and click Submit.
- The next time you Sign In to the dashboard, you will be asked to configure new password with the rules you have set for configuring new password, provided the existing password does not meet the requirements as per new policy. Following screen will be displayed to change password
- Change Password within Dashboard
When the admin/owner/co-account owners want to change their password from within dashboard from View and Edit profile, the screen displays rules as per new policy
Sign In Settings
Configure SAML based Sign In to Scalefusion Dashboard with which you and Admins in your organization with access to Scalefusion will be forced to Sign In using your Authentication provider. To configure SAML, please visit the Integrations help section.