Migration to Azure AD (Office 365) based Dashboard Sign-In
Scalefusion Dashboard now allows users to Sign-In using their Azure AD/Office 365 credentials. If you are using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) in your organisation then you and your admins can seamlessly migrate to using O365/AzureAD to sign-in to Dashboard.
In this document we will see how to migrate an existing account to O365 and what are the changes to expect.
Before You Begin
- A valid Scalefusion Dashboard account
- A valid Azure AD subscription
In a nutshell, migration would require the following two action(s),
- Sign In using Office 365: This is the first step to start the migration.
NOTE: Additionally if you are an Azure AD administrator then you can select/check Consent on behalf of your organization. This will make sure that other Dashboard Admins can access Scalefusion Dashboard without having to grant the permissions.If your organization uses Federated Authentication, then you would be redirected to the Fed-Auth page to complete the authentication before you are taken to the permissions screen.
- Navigate to https://scalefusion.com
- Log out of Scalefusion Dashboard, if you are already signed-in.
- Click Login on the Scalefusion landing page.
- Click on Sign In with Office 365 button
- You will be redirected to the Office 365 Sign-In page,
- Please enter your Sign-In credentials and complete the sign in process, you will be shown the permission screen as shown below. Click Accept.
- Once you have accepted the permissions you will be taken to a Thank you page where you would have to create a security PIN. Please proceed to the Step 2 below.
- Navigate to https://scalefusion.com
- Creating a Security PIN: A security PIN helps in authorizing certain actions on Dashboard which will required a two-step confirmation. This helps in preventing accidental deletes/edits of important data from Dashboard. To create a Security PIN please complete the steps below,
- Name: We try and fetch the name from Azure AD. You can Add/Edit the name.
- Phone Number: We try and fetch the phone number from Azure AD. Here you can edit the phone number.
- Create New PIN/Confirm Pin: Choose a 6 digit PIN that will be required to authorize certain actions on Dashboard as and when required.
- Click ACCESS NOW to complete the migration and start accessing the Dashboard.
- Once you have completed these two steps, you can now start using Office 365 credentials to Sign-In to Scalefusion.
Migration for Existing Administrators
There is no specific action required from an Owner/Co-Account Owner to handle the migration for existing Administrators. All your existing Administrators can access the Scalefusion Dashboard either using the Scalefusion account that was created earlier OR they can use Sign-In using Office 365 option and migrate as per the steps described above.
Inviting Administrators to Manage Scalefusion Dashboard
When you are inviting new Administrators to manage Scalefusion Dashboard, you can choose how they should be invited to access the Scalefusion Dashboard. To invite a new administrator, please follow the steps below,
- Navigate to Admin & Roles
- Click on Administrators > ADD NEW ADMIN
- Enter the following details in the Add Admin Wizard,
- Full Name: The name of the administrator
- Email: The Email address of the administrator
- Role: Choose a Role for the administrator:
- Groups: If the selected Role is of type Group Admin, you can additionally select the groups that they can administer.
- Admin Type: Select a preference on how the admin should join/activate the Scalefusion Dashboard access. The Invitation email will be sent basing on the Admin type. The option are,
- Allow SignUp using Office 365: Use this option if you are inviting an admin who uses the same email domain as your organization.
- Create Scalefusion Account: Use this option if you are inviting an admin who is outside your organization domain.
- Click SUBMIT once you have provided all the information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why are we required to set a Security PIN, when using O365 accounts?
Answer: On Dashboard there are certain actions that require you/admin to confirm the action using your Password or PIN. For O365 based sign-in's, Scalefusion uses the PIN that is created on first Sign-In as a validation for this step.
Question: How do we change the Security PIN?
Answer: Navigate to View and Edit Profile > Change Pin to change the Pin.
Question: How do we reset PIN in case of a forgotten PIN?
- For Admin Accounts: Please contact your Account Owner. Account Owners, can navigate to Admins and Roles > Reset PIN for an admin.
- For Co-Account Owners: Please contact your Account Owner. Account Owners, can navigate to Admins and Roles > Reset PIN for a co-account owner.
- For Account Owners: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Reset PIN email.
Question: What would happen to the administrator emails/accounts that we have invited/added to managed our Scalefusion Dashboard?
Answer: The Administrator accounts can also migrate to using the O365 credentials and start accessing Dashboard. Their Roles and Rights will be the same as before. Please note that we don't Enforce this on Admins or have provided such controls to force them to use Office 365. This is an Opt-In feature for now.
Question: We have administrators outside our organization domain. Can they continue to use/access Scalefusion Dashboard using their e-mail ids?
Answer: Yes. Their access to Dashboard remains same.
Question: We had setup 2-F authentication to access Scalefusion Dashboard. Will that be removed or changed?
Answer: No. If you had setup 2-F authentication, that will continue to work like before. However the user will be asked for the second factor authentication post they Sign In using O365.
Question: How can we Import our Users from Azure AD to enroll their devices?
Answer: Please refer to our guide on User Management to start importing users.