QR Code Configuration for Android Corporate Devices
QR Code or Device Enrollment Configurations are a quick and easy way to enroll your Android devices. By creating a QR Code configuration, you can choose the default Group or Profile and a naming convention for the devices that are enrolled using this QR Code.
QR Code enrollment allows you to skip the entire process of entering/sharing credentials or license keys and cuts down the time of enrollment.
This tutorial guides you through the process of creating a QR Code configuration & how to use Scalefusion app to enroll using QR Codes.
Before You Begin
✅ You have created at least one Android Profile on Scalefusion Dashboard.
✅ Scalefusion app with Android v3.6.0 or above has been installed on device.
How It Works
- Administrators of Scalefusion Dashboard can create QR codes and distribute it to their employees or IT team.
- Employees or IT team can download the Scalefusion app from Google Play Store and scan the QR Code. Once the QR code is scanned, permissions page is shown directly.
Create a QR Configuration on Scalefusion Dashboard
- Once you are logged into Dashboard, navigate to Device & User Enrollment ➞ QR Code.
- Click on CREATE.
- This will open the configuration creator dialog, which is divided into 3 sections as explained below,
- Basic: Use this section to select the enrollment type. Choose Kiosk to create a configuration that will be used to enroll corporate devices. Additionally in this section you can specify a device naming convention that will be used to auto-generate the names of the devices that enroll using this configuration.
- Group/Profile: In this section select the Device Group or Profile, that will be applied to the devices that enroll using this configuration. For Kiosk type enrollment configurations only Android Kiosk Profiles can be selected.
- License: Optionally select a license that should be applied to the devices enrolling using this configuration.
Once you have filled in all the details in the 3 sections, click on SAVE to save the configuration.
- Once the configuration is saved, it will appear in the Device Enrollment Configuration list.
For Android devices, click on the button ‘Show Android QR’. This will show the QR code which can be used to scan using Scalefusion app on your device and enroll it.You can search for a particular configuration using Search feature and also sort the configurations by Configuration name. (Please see screenshot below)
- Following additional actions can be performed on a configuration:
- Download - This will download the configuration file that can be used to auto-enroll Android devices, by copying them to /sdcard/.
- Email - This will send an email to your account with QR Code and the details on how to set up.
- Edit - Helps you in editing the Configuration. Note that editing won’t impact the devices that are already enrolled.
- Deactivate - If you no longer wish to use this configuration or think it is compromised, then you can deactivate the config.
- Rotate - If you think that the configuration is compromised, you can use this option. This will generate a new QR Code and URL. Note that the previous QR Code and URL will no longer be valid.
Steps on Scalefusion App
- Install the latest Scalefusion app.
- Open the QR Code image or view it on Dashboard, clearly.
- Launch Scalefusion app.
- Click on Enroll button.
- Click on Corporate tab and select QR Code.
- You would be shown a Camera View. Point this Camera to the QR Code on your screen so that en entire QR Code fits in the frame and can be scanned.
- If the QR Code is valid and your account has valid licenses, then the device will login and show you the permissions screen.
- Proceed to grant all the required permissions to Scalefusion app and complete the setup.
For a complete step by step guide on how to enroll your corporate owned Android devices, please refer to our guide on Enrolling Corporate-Owned devices.