Device Level Actions
This section gives you the details on the various device level actions that can be performed.
The options are:
- Change Device Name: Allows you to change the device name that is used to identify the device in Scalefusion Dashboard.
- Set this as Device Name on Mac/iOS Device: Having this flag checked, admins also have the option to change the device name on the device itself in addition to changing it from Dashboard. The flag is visible in Change Device name dialog box.This flag is only visible on iOS devices which are Supervised
- Set this as Device Name on Mac/iOS Device: Having this flag checked, admins also have the option to change the device name on the device itself in addition to changing it from Dashboard. The flag is visible in Change Device name dialog box.
- Full Device Information: Displays additional granular device information retrieved from the device.
- Lock/Unlock - For iOS devices, Lock/Unlock means Apply the Device Profile or Relax/Remove the profile. Unlocking means the user is allowed to use the device freely and Locking means the profile policies will be applied. Once you Lock/Unlock the device, please refresh the page to see if the command has been executed and if the icon has been updated or not.
- Refresh Device - If you observe that the device does not have the latest changes that you have applied in Device Profile, then you can use this option to apply the latest policies on device. Note that this option works only when the device is Locked.
- Add Notes - Using this option you can add additional custom Notes to the device that can be viewed in Full Device Information.
- Reboot Device - Reboots the device, works only on Supervised device. This option is available only if the device is enrolled as a Corporate device and not as a User device.
- Reset Device - Factory resets the device, works on any enrolled device. This option is available only if the device is enrolled as a Corporate device and not as a User device.
- Mark the Device as Lost - A special feature where the device can be marked as lost, preventing further usage of device even on restart. At the time of marking the device in lost mode, the admins can also specify a message to be displayed on lock screen, footnote message and phone number to appear on device.An iOS device can be marked as Lost only when it is Supervised
- Play a Sound when in Lost Mode - When the device is in Lost mode, a sound can be played to locate the device or alert/alarm.
Auto Location gathering in Lost Mode - We start collecting location from device once the device is marked as lost. This is done without Scalefusion client on device as it can be done only in lost mode. The Locations are collected every 15 minutes.
UnMark the device as Lost - Admins can mark the device as Un-lost.
- Delete Device - Completely deletes the device and removes management from device. The device needs to be re-enrolled to start managing it.
- Clear Passcode - Clears the passcode applied on the device. Clicking on this brings up a dialog box allowing you to choose one action from the following which would apply on device after clearing passcode:
Clear Passcode retaining the Passcode policy
Clears the passcode from device but if a passcode policy is applied to the device, user will be prompted to configure a new passcode.
Clear Passcode and remove the device from the Device Profile
Clears the passcode from the device and removes the policies applied on the device, that is, removes the device profile applied on the device, so that user is not forced to configure another password
Clear Passcode and move the device to a Device Profile without passcode policy
Clears passcode and moves the device to a profile without passcode policy so that user is not prompted to configure passcode.
Selecting this option will list down the device profiles that do not have a passcode policy applied on them. Choose one profile to which the device has to be moved.
- Lock Screen - Locks the device's screen. Clicking on lock screen option brings up a confirmation dialog box. Once you confirm, the device's screen gets locked.